Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news. We've checked with a Porsche rep and they have confirmed that 2020 model year Taycans will also receive FoD (Function on Demand) updates that the 2021 Taycan will feature. :like:

Here's how FoD is described:

Flexible upgrades after vehicle purchase with Function on Demand (FoD)
Thanks to Function on Demand, Taycan drivers can purchase various convenience and assist functions as they wish, even after having taken delivery of their new car. Thanks to over-the-air updates, it is not necessary to visit a dealership to install the software package. The Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) is already available as a Function on Demand. Active Lane Keep Assist and Porsche InnoDrive (available for cars equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control) will now be added as further Function on Demand options.

Customers can choose whether they want to purchase the respective function for their Taycan permanently or subscribe on a monthly basis. Customers will be offered a three-month trial period if they opt for a monthly subscription. After registering for an account, they can select the desired function(s) in the Porsche Connect Store. Once confirmed, Porsche sends a data package to the Taycan via the mobile phone network. Drivers are notified of the availability of the data package through the Porsche Communication Management (PCM). Activation takes just a few minutes. A notification appears on the central display once the function has been activated successfully. With the 2021 model year, four functions will be available for purchase and three will be available as monthly subscriptions. Pricing will be available shortly before market launch. The optional functions are as follows:

Active Lane Keep Assist helps the driver to keep the vehicle in the center of the lane using necessary steering intervention – even in dense traffic. InnoDrive individually adapts the speed of the vehicle to the conditions ahead, with specific consideration for speed limits, turns, traffic circles, and situations where you have to yield or stop.

When navigation-based route guidance is active, Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM) operates in the background, optimizing all system parameters to achieve the highest levels of comfort and shortest travelling time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good news. We've checked with a Porsche rep and they have reconfirmed that 2020 model year Taycans will also receive FoD (Function on Demand) updates that the 2021 Taycan will feature.
Can you check if "Charging while preserving the battery is a further new function. " described in that article would also be available to the 2020 models? Seems kind of important for the option for improving battery life. Thanks

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Good news. We've checked with a Porsche rep and they have reconfirmed that 2020 model year Taycans will also receive FoD (Function on Demand) updates that the 2021 Taycan will feature.
Can you please check if ´Active Parking Assistance´ will be available with FoD also, when one already got ´Porsche InnoDrive with Adaptiv Cruisekontroll´ and ´Active Lane Keep Assist´ built in? Thanx!

Not that I can‘t handle the car going backwards. But as thoughtful as I am (not quite true), I would like to make it more convenient for my wife when she's driving it. I just care sooo much about my love (read: Porsche) :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wrote to Calvin Kim and he verified that updates will be applied to MY2020 cars:

Hi Chris, many of the software updates will be compatible. Thank you for your patience as we go through this first model year of an all-new model. I welcome any comments, feedback, and criticisms you may have of any part of the ownership process.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
what about engine upgrade on turbo s ? 0,2 sek 0-200.
Given that the 2020 cars were faster than their published numbers, I only trust dyno numbers and numbers from the strip. Porsche could advertise faster numbers without changing anything. :p

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I wrote to Calvin Kim and he verified that updates will be applied to MY2020 cars:
Thanks for checking. I'm afraid that still isn't totally clear. I know that on other threads there is a specific question about the availability of Plug & Charge. Was that addressed?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Knew it would! Otherwise Porsche would have lost the game even before it started!

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
The thing I really, actually want is Dog Mode. Truly useful and protective of the car (since people will break the windows of a car even if it's clear the dog is sitting in air-conditioned splendor)...
Sponsored