Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
Are there any new ideas on how to mount a front license plate w/o drilling holes and blocking the front park sensors?
Sponsored

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I used a Sto N Sho that I had for my BMW M4 - it fits fine on my GTS and I'm quite sure I'm not blocking any sensors - I keep the plate affixed as in the first picture in my trunk just in case I'm stopped. You can see how it mounts in the last couple of stock pictures - the holder piece will stay in place with double-sided tape although there's also a hole for a screw.

Porsche Taycan Front License Plate Holder-US l1

Porsche Taycan Front License Plate Holder-US l2

Porsche Taycan Front License Plate Holder-US l3

Porsche Taycan Front License Plate Holder-US l4

Porsche Taycan Front License Plate Holder-US l5

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I used a Sto N Sho that I had for my BMW M4 - it fits fine on my GTS and I'm quite sure I'm not blocking any sensors - I keep the plate affixed as in the first picture in my trunk just in case I'm stopped. You can see how it mounts in the last couple of stock pictures - the holder piece will stay in place with double-sided tape although there's also a hole for a screw.

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg
So you double side tape the mount? i thought its suppose to go underneath on the driver side? I ordered one from amazon but haven't installed it yet. Thanks

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I did double-side tape the mount and also put a small screw up into the underside of the very bottom of the lip - cannot see the mount at all. And I centered it on the car - it's under the center front sensor, shown in the 2nd picture

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I’ve decided to just pay the fine if I ever get one. There are enough Teslas on the road without it that it must not be heavily enforced.

OP
OP
Warrior 6

Warrior 6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2021 Audi E tron
Country flag
In Virginia it is a secondary offense, must be something else for officer friendly to stop the vehicle.

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Sto n sho makes one specifically for the Taycan. It replaces a couple of existing screws, goes to the side, does not block any sensors.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I will have to check that out. I had a standard license plate holder drilled into the front bumper as shown in the profile pic. If it impacted range, I didn't notice it as I often was getting ~300 miles in the summer.

In Colorado the cops often will stop you at the airport and get into your business if you don't have a front license plate. The cops also walk the parking lots at the airport and give out tickets while you are gone. Lovely surprise when you return from a trip. I got tired of dealing with it and just caved to a front license plate.

TLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS; 2021 Honda Accord; 2015 911(sold)
Country flag
I did double-side tape the mount and also put a small screw up into the underside of the very bottom of the lip - cannot see the mount at all. And I centered it on the car - it's under the center front sensor, shown in the 2nd picture
@IanG - Are you using the BMW M4 upper mount or are you using the Taycan mount?

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
I use the Sto N Show specific for the Taycan. Works well. Front plate stays in the the trunk if I were to get stopped.

Reactions: TLC

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
In Colorado the cops often will stop you at the airport and get into your business if you don't have a front license plate. The cops also walk the parking lots at the airport and give out tickets while you are gone. Lovely surprise when you return from a trip. I got tired of dealing with it and just caved to a front license plate.
I have been told by someone who would know this same thing about DIA airport. Also, you will get a ticket in Cherry Creek and Downtown Denver. Elsewhere in the Denver Metro and mountain towns, you have a lesser risk.

I have a Sto N Sho, and I only put the front plate on when I am heading to these locations.
Sponsored