diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey guys, so I live in sunny Florida, and I decided to do ceramic tint windows in my car. I went 20% on the four doors and 30% on the back glass so I can have a good view from the rearview mirror.

BUT I still feel a lot of heat coming in from the front windshield, coming from a not very good night view I do not want to go super dark, but for sure, I need some sun protection in the front windshield.

I can go 50% or 70% being the last one less dark, technically, when you go ceramic, you still get action, regardless of the darkness of the film

Have you think did yours? If yes, can you please post pictures and what percentage you use for your Tints?
Sponsored

ATLTurbo

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hey guys, so I live in sunny Florida, and I decided to do ceramic tint windows in my car. I went 20% on the four doors and 30% on the back glass so I can have a good view from the rearview mirror.

BUT I still feel a lot of heat coming in from the front windshield, coming from a not very good night view I do not want to go super dark, but for sure, I need some sun protection in the front windshield.

I can go 50% or 70% being the last one less dark, technically, when you go ceramic, you still get action, regardless of the darkness of the film

Have you think did yours? If yes, can you please post pictures and what percentage you use for your Tints?
I have 50 percent on the windshield and 20 percent all around. I'll take a picture and update later. Definitely not too dark with the moonroof.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I haven't looked up the Florida law but in Arizona darker tint can only be above the AS-1 line (5 inches below the top of the windshield. However, you can get a non-reflective UV/Heat film on windshield, I have this on my cars in Arizona, and it helps a lot with preventing heat transmission.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Can you shoot a link? And pics?

I haven't looked up the Florida law but in Arizona darker tint can only be above the AS-1 line (5 inches below the top of the windshield. However, you can get a non-reflective UV/Heat film on windshield, I have this on my cars in Arizona, and it helps a lot with preventing heat transmission.
thanks

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
S. FL here and no issues with excessive heat in the cabin. Autobahn i3 ceramic: 15% all around - 30% windshield.
Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? PPF & ceramic

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
S. FL here and no issues with excessive heat in the cabin. Autobahn i3 ceramic: 15% all around - 30% windshield.
PPF & ceramic.jpg
I think 30 is too dark for me, im almost decided with 50%.

I did 30 in the back. 20 on doors.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I think 30 is too dark for me, im almost decided with 50%.

I did 30 in the back. 20 on doors.
It's literally clear on the inside. Zero visibility issues.

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I have 50 percent on the windshield and 20 percent all around. I'll take a picture and update later. Definitely not too dark with the moonroof.
I’d like to see your pics too. I was thinking about doing the same with the front, thinking that the panoramic roof would allow more sunlight in. I’m in Maryland so laws are strict here about tint. I previously had 35% on my windshield and caught too much police attention. I feel 50 or 70 might be a better option.

ATLTurbo

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’d like to see your pics too. I was thinking about doing the same with the front, thinking that the panoramic roof would allow more sunlight in. I’m in Maryland so laws are strict here about tint. I previously had 35% on my windshield and caught too much police attention. I feel 50 or 70 might be a better option.
So this is my Turbo - keep in mind it's about as blacked out as it can be, so it may appear darker than lighter cars (black interior, xpel stealth over regular black). 20 percent ceramic all around/50 percent ceramic on the windshield.

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4706

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4705

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4704

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4703

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4706

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4703

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? IMG_4705

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
So this is my Turbo - keep in mind it's about as blacked out as it can be, so it may appear darker than lighter cars (black interior, xpel stealth over regular black). 20 percent ceramic all around/50 percent ceramic on the windshield.

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg
Looks very nice and dark on direct light.
I think mine having 30% in the back glass might look a little lighter and should be enough for what im looking for.
Thanks

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg
Nice!!🔥 I may have to try this

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
This is 70 on the windshield and 30 on the sides.
Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? F45F7E1E-E8AA-4544-B5FF-C25F9149BF2E

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? 0DC043BB-B399-46C6-9E7C-09A34876A82A

no one except me notices the windshield tint.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I think it does reduce the heat. I’m in socal. So similar sun. Car is still warm but not too hot to touch like my old black boxster was.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it does reduce the heat. I’m in socal. So similar sun. Car is still warm but not too hot to touch like my old black boxster was.
See the tint chart. The diff in terms of light reflection, heat reduction, anti glare is basically the same, all it changes is privacy due to the fact of it being darker

im really debating to do 70 or 50…. Im waiting for the tints person to confirm the appointment and most likely i will go with 70 as I dont care much about privacy but yes on the heat reduction I feel enters through the front

thank you all!

Porsche Taycan Front windshield tint? 0094EEEE-5205-4C8E-A16A-665282427F4D
Sponsored