Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
We had success with just using the Porsche Connect app to find the charging station and initiating charging from it.
Had my first charger failure today. Stopped at the Issaquah Target to try out the 150kw EA chargers there. Charging NA app immediately bounced back "Unexpected Error" messages at all three. EA rep blamed the app, offered to start a free charge from her end. She did but the charger failed after 2%. Porsche Connect reps had the helpful advice of "I dunno, maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the app? Probably won't help though." They said someone else reported the same issue yesterday and they were unable to resolve it.

Takeaways.. Porsche Connect is very unstable, which shouldn't be a surprise given it's 2.2 rating on the app store.

EA representatives seem to be very quick & attentive. She had a charge going within 60 seconds of my call, just a bummer that it voided out (might have been the car's fault, unclear).

Porsche Connect reps were not as eager to help and very slow.
Guess I was lucky last weekend. I initiated the charge through the Porsche Connect app at the Issaquah Target EA charger. No issues.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Reg It charged fine once I got it home.

@Fitzban The EA rep said this was the first reported issue at that location and thought it was definitely the app's fault. I'm not sure why the charge she initiated stopped, though, possible she accidentally stopped it and the charger was fine.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Eugene & Salem both worked perfectly for me. Oddly they just immediately initiated a "complimentary" session but both went 5-90% in 30 minutes.

Curious if anyone has recommendations for secret chargers on the Oregon coast & WA peninsula? Plugshare is showing them as pretty barren.
Sponsored