ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am so happy, I was just talking to Electrify America yesterday to see if they have information about voltage on their 150KW Chargers. Sadly they don't, however I also asked them about the soledad charging station which has been pending for many many months and I had even taken pictures of it posted in plugshare as everything was there months ago and the only thing missing was a transformer which probably meant a PG&E hookup.

Today I got the announcement that the station is now available, this is pretty much a midpoint between Pismo Beach and San Jose, very close to King City but I guess they couldn't find a good host there. It's in a grocery store parking lot, a bit busy for my taste but at least it looks safe and well lit from a personal point of view. Though I was there midday, Starbucks is walking distance.

FoodsCo
2443-H DELA ROSA SR ST, Soledad, CA 93960
Sponsored

OP
OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I drove from Sunnyvale to Vegas on Saturday, and had zero problems with the 4 EA stations I used (1 is when I got here). I used the Charging NA app with no problems on all of them too. Will post pics of me and another Taycan charging in Barstow :D

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Hey there Bay Area folks ? Just picked up my MY21 4S a couple of days ago. Haven't driven it much because I picked it up in the middle of the week, but I'm planning to drive it to Pinnacles National Park this weekend via some back country roads. Anyone have recommendations for other drives that you've done?

Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! IMG_2657
Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! IMG_2656

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey there Bay Area folks ? Just picked up my MY21 4S a couple of days ago. Haven't driven it much because I picked it up in the middle of the week, but I'm planning to drive it to Pinnacles National Park this weekend via some back country roads. Anyone have recommendations for other drives that you've done?

IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg
That pinnacles drive is awesome, I just came back that way from Atascadero exiting at King City to take the scenic route at 11:00 p.m. . There was no one out there and I'm happy I have the night vision to guarantee there were no animals either. Those straight aways scream for triple digits and the Porsche is always willing to oblige.

I love your color choice, if I had waited till 2021 I think I would have picked the Neptune Blue as well.

You may consider joining the Porsche Clubs of America. Things are a little quiet right now but they have some great coordinated drives monthly.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
The stickers suck to get off. I removed the white ones for red ones for my wife's previous Bolt.

I'm considering getting some of the backing film people custom cut to apply them to so that it's easier to remove them. The downside of that is "easier to remove" so I guess someone could steal them, but I doubt I'd ever park the Tayan anywhere that'd be a concern.
if not already tried, use a hair dryer when removing any stickers. it helps alot , then some lighter fluid to help remove any excess residue

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
That pinnacles drive is awesome, I just came back that way from Atascadero exiting at King City to take the scenic route at 11:00 p.m. . There was no one out there and I'm happy I have the night vision to guarantee there were no animals either. Those straight aways scream for triple digits and the Porsche is always willing to oblige.

I love your color choice, if I had waited till 2021 I think I would have picked the Neptune Blue as well.

You may consider joining the Porsche Clubs of America. Things are a little quiet right now but they have some great coordinated drives monthly.

for the guys that did the pinacales drive, did you try charging at the camp ground ?
Camped their a few years ago and it was awesome, would like to go back sometime.

OP
OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We mostly just drove past Pinnacles. The drive wasn't long enough that we would've needed mid-drive charging anyway. The campground would just be equivalent to a level 2 charger, meaning you'd only ever use it in an emergency.

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
Love the color! It looks different in the configurator. Now I have to go back to drawing board deciding the color I want.

IMG_2657.jpeg
IMG_2656.jpeg

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
Hello! Also in the Bay Area, in the East. Concord / Walnut Creek area. Owned my Taycan for a month, still have not used an EA charger, lol.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Just saying hello to my Bay Area peeps as well. Got my 4S CT since Feb. already put about 6k miles on it. Want to drive it @ every opportunity.

-ThinkMac-

Excuse the dead bugs on the bumper. :)
Nice! I picked up my Turbo Sedan end of January and only drove 600 miles so far... I'm doing it wrong and should drive more.
Sponsored