Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Is the body of the GTS a bit different than the 4S? It seems to have a sportier front and bumper.

Any other major differences to the body?

If I were to add the Sports package to the front and rear of the 4S, would this be a good idea?

For whatever reason, I am digging the more sporty look of the GTS. But don't want to risk pushing my delivery date out since I would be asking for a chance in model (versus specs).

Fyi -- freeze date is March 31
Sponsored

D_Frost

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GLE, Vantage
From what I gather, the GTS has the Sport Design front bumper (for non-Turbo/Turbo S), a Sport Design side skirt with GTS-specific black insert and the rear diffuser from the Turbo (the latter cannot be specced from factory unless you order a Turbo/Turbo S, although it is possible to retrofit if you buy the necessary parts).

Other exterior details include:
  • Matrix LED headlights in black
  • LED taillights with black lettering
  • GTS-specific wheels in black
Other things specific to the GTS:
  • Racetex interior with GTS lettering on headrest
  • The Sport Turismo body style
  • More powerful rear motor compared to the 4S (a “de-tuned” motor from the Turbo)
  • A GTS-specific electric sport sound (more lower frequencies)

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is the body of the GTS a bit different than the 4S? It seems to have a sportier front and bumper.

Any other major differences to the body?

If I were to add the Sports package to the front and rear of the 4S, would this be a good idea?

For whatever reason, I am digging the more sporty look of the GTS. But don't want to risk pushing my delivery date out since I would be asking for a chance in model (versus specs).

Fyi -- freeze date is March 31
Sports Design Pack for front, rear and sides. Same cosmetic trick for all other Porsche GTS models.

Option to add across the range - some people don't like the look but can't be de-optioned.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I much prefer the look of the outside of the ST GTS to the CT 4S I have ordered (except the wheels) but it is the inside I mainly see personally and since the GTS interior (which I like apart from it being black) uses the 18 way seats which I don't want it wasn't worth the extra money to me for the modest power increase and extras I am not bothered about.
I also value the more cosseting ride of the CT in Normal mode for most of the roads around here.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I much prefer the look of the outside of the ST GTS to the CT 4S I have ordered (except the wheels) but it is the inside I mainly see personally and since the GTS interior (which I like apart from it being black) uses the 18 way seats which I don't want it wasn't worth the extra money to me for the modest power increase and extras I am not bothered about.
I also value the more cosseting ride of the CT in Normal mode for most of the roads around here.
18-way is std but £0 for the 14-way comfort seats. A few hundred quid to go all leather given the cost of racetex so a small premium compared to normal.

20mm is what you get as you know!

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you all! Very helpful. Perhaps in a few years, I can upgrade to the GTS. And while tempting to add the Sports package to my 4S, it would be $5K. I would rather use the money to add things like PTV+ or RAS. (W1NGE -- I think you would agree ?).

But that said, the look of the GTS is fantastic. I am not sure why I didn’t pay attention to it back in Nov when I put my order in....well, perhaps since starting was $133K, I just didn't bother.

All of that said, thank you for your help. As always much appreciated!

Sam

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
18-way is std but £0 for the 14-way comfort seats. A few hundred quid to go all leather given the cost of racetex so a small premium compared to normal.

20mm is what you get as you know!
Yes, I saw that 14 way are the same price but then you lose the possibility of the race-tex and leather GTS interior, which I liked despite it being black :)
When I put a spec I liked on the ST GTS it was more expensive for a car I liked slightly less, otherwise I would have changed my order.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I was in this predicament... And decided to just buy the GTS.

Lower depreciation vs the 4s (that will flood the second hand market in 1-2 years) negates the higher cost that gave me the spec and aesthetics I wanted had the 4s provided the options.

Granted my wait is 15 months according to the dealer, though I'm expecting 24 because of the war, but that actually suits my living arrangements. So not fussed about the wait.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for this. Right now, I am fortunate to have a 4S to be delivered in July, although I suspect that it will be pushed out for the reasons you mentioned

So will hold tight. I just don't want to switch out now and risk losing my current allocation. My understanding is you can change specs before the freeze date but not the model!

Thanks much

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sports Design Pack for front, rear and sides. Same cosmetic trick for all other Porsche GTS models.

Option to add across the range - some people don't like the look but can't be de-optioned.
Turbo / S rear rather than the Sport Design rear. Making it unique in that you cant spec a car like this from the factory.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Turbo / S rear rather than the Sport Design rear. Making it unique in that you cant spec a car like this from the factory.
Good idea. Basically go 3rd party? I am sure there are a few good ones here in the Bay Area. Thanks!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Thanks for this. Right now, I am fortunate to have a 4S to be delivered in July, although I suspect that it will be pushed out for the reasons you mentioned

So will hold tight. I just don't want to switch out now and risk losing my current allocation. My understanding is you can change specs before the freeze date but not the model!

Thanks much
You are in a fortunate position.

If you can stretch, if I were you, I'd put an order in for a GTS this week (phone around a number of dealers to find which has a sooner allocation order book) then put down your deposit.

I'm quite certain your '22 4S will maintain its value well into next year at <12 months old, meaning you could time selling it - possibly at no loss or maybe even a small profit depending on how bad inflation and the commodity squeeze gets - with a small window to wait for your GTS (q4 23 or q1 24).

It means you can enjoy your Taycan sooner and get your ideal spec in the GTS.

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Now you are talking!

Yes -- someone on Reddit just posted that his dealer told him there is a 3 year wait list. Now he was immediately pounced on -- not him but his dealer -- but while the "3 year" timeframe can be debated, there is no doubt the next set of allocations might take a while.

Thanks again everyone. I know a "1st world problem" to have, especially with the current world events. It does make me appreciate (as you all must as well) how fortunate it is to be in this position

Sam

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good idea. Basically go 3rd party? I am sure there are a few good ones here in the Bay Area. Thanks!
no that's the way it comes. No need to swap it if thats your thing.

If you have a 4S and want these updates you can order all of the external GTS options from Gaudin Porsche in Nevada.

I would push you towards Suncoast but they have become pretty greedy in their costs. They are easy to buy from and set themselves up for customers trying to grab OEM updates. For the last year, they have taken advantage of this and every quote I have had with them, Gaudin has out performed them by a good 15%

Im in CA just looking for the best source and sharing what I have found - service is easily as good (or better).

OP
OP

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
no that's the way it comes. No need to swap it if thats your thing.

If you have a 4S and want these updates you can order all of the external GTS options from Gaudin Porsche in Nevada.

I would push you towards Suncoast but they have become pretty greedy in their costs. They are easy to buy from and set themselves up for customers trying to grab OEM updates. For the last year, they have taken advantage of this and every quote I have had with them, Gaudin has out performed them by a good 15%

Im in CA just looking for the best source and sharing what I have found - service is easily as good (or better).
Thanks Matt! Very helpful. Thanks again-will check out Gaudin
Sponsored