Help needed with wheel center caps

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I recently got a really solid deal on OEM 20’’ e-tron gt winter wheels in perfect condition (named ”offset” in the audi configurator). They have the exact same specifications as Porsche OEMs in 20’’ as one could expect due to the shared DNA between the vehicles.

while I’m happy with how they look, I’m not comfortable rocking the Audi center caps. I was initially under the impression that center caps are universal (also what google seems to suggest) as long as you have the correct diameter, but after ordering some (non-OEM) caps with Porsche logos they actually dont fit even though the size is correct. Does anyone on this forum have more experience on this? I know its partially Audi question as the rims are Audi, but I reckon people on this forum have played with the caps on their OEM/non-OEM wheels. Ideally I would have caps with Porsche logo on them or something neutral that would fit perfect to my rims size-wise.

the Audi center caps that fit perfect are part number 81A.601.170

the ones I tried were some knockoffs in 60mm and while they fit the hole, they dont attach themselves correctly and they are too thick.

Anyways all advice is welcome, as well as suggestions where to order correct center caps.

pics attached, the black one is Audi

Thanks

Porsche Taycan Help needed with wheel center caps IMG_5406

Porsche Taycan Help needed with wheel center caps IMG_5404

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Paint the audi ones and be done with it?

OP
OP

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Paint the audi ones and be done with it?
the audi logos stand out of the background so I would need to smoothen them away first. It is my plan B but I dont think it will look that good.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Change the badge on the back of your car to Audi? 😃

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Presumably the spring clips go too deep through the wheel to clip to the back side of the hole?

Can you bend the spring clips so they fit to the rear face of the wheel?

Alternatively, send your knock offs back and perhaps try some OEM centre caps for a wheel similar to the GT. It could be that Porsche don't do a one size fits all centre cap.

Dealers here have wheels on display. You could measure the thickness of the GT wheel and do a comparison with the wheels Porsche sell.

OP
OP

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Presumably the spring clips go too deep through the wheel to clip to the back side of the hole?

Can you bend the spring clips so they fit to the rear face of the wheel?

Alternatively, send your knock offs back and perhaps try some OEM centre caps for a wheel similar to the GT. It could be that Porsche don't do a one size fits all centre cap.

Dealers here have wheels on display. You could measure the thickness of the GT wheel and do a comparison with the wheels Porsche sell.
Thanks for the tip.

Nope, the cap wont attach no matter what. I have to check if dealers have center caps on display and see if they match with the audis, if yes I’ll just order similar ones. If not, I guess I’m out of luck and need to start a modification project on the audi caps.
Sponsored