First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Help with connection to PCM 1637595819471

PCM Settings, Account, select the primary (or all accounts) and select delete (not deregister). After that I would power the car off, lock and leave for half an our (to allow synchronisations to take place), then re-add your account.

Might be an idea to also to delete the app from your phone and re-add once the above has been completed - thinking here is to tidy up all loose ends.

No guarantee that this will work but it is simple to delete and account.

Note that the issue could still be with the original account registration to your VIN etc but hopefully the above will help isolate what it might not be.
Sponsored

CdlBHM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 Cayenne e-Hybrid, ‘21 Taycan CT, BMW 2002
Country flag
1637595819471.png

PCM Settings, Account, select the primary (or all accounts) and select delete (not deregister). After that I would power the car off, lock and leave for half an our (to allow synchronisations to take place), then re-add your account.

Might be an idea to also to delete the app from your phone and re-add once the above has been completed - thinking here is to tidy up all loose ends.

No guarantee that this will work but it is simple to delete and account.

Note that the issue could still be with the original account registration to your VIN etc but hopefully the above will help isolate what it might not be.
Thank you! The problem is I cannot even access the Account information because the car thinks I am a “guest.” I have tried changing out keys, but can never access the Account portion to log in or out. If I do get access to that section again, I will try these steps. This is very helpful.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you! The problem is I cannot even access the Account information because the car thinks I am a “guest.” I have tried changing out keys, but can never access the Account portion to log in or out. If I do get access to that section again, I will try these steps. This is very helpful.
Ok - that's annoying!

Hmm, full PCM reset might spring this for you to enable the account piece but may also clear the problem. I'm guessing you've tried the PCM reset - if not then tap two fingers on the top right hand corner of the upper screen

UroDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
812 Superfast; AMG GT 53; Taycan 4S; DB11
Country flag
Seems like an issue with one of the OTA frying the PCM module. Porsche says they have had so many of these, the PCMs are back ordered for 3 months now! So - driving around with no PCM connectivity for a while; wonder if they will refund charges or extend the time for the services?
Sponsored