GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I have a persistent problem when I use Porsche Connect to log into to my Taycan 4S' PCM with my Android phone. In the main screen, the small status circle in the upper left corner shows GREEN. However, when the small status circle is selected and the "Connection Status" screen is displayed, it shows that the link between my home Wi-Fi router and the Taycan's PCM in RED. (See picture below) with the notation "No Connection to the PCM".

What do I need to do to correct the "No Connection" issue between my home WI-FI and the PCM?

The Porsche Charge Connect charger is paired with my home Wi-Fi and is connected to the Taycan's left charging port. Does the car also need to be specifically paired to the Wi-Fi in the house? If so, how do I set that up? (I don't think that is the same as setting up the in-car WiFi hotspot feature).

Porsche Taycan No Connection to PCM No Connection to PCM
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
This is normal. The only time you'd see wifi-to-car, at present, is if you're paired to the internal hotspot.

(No idea if they're going to allow the car to connect to your home's WiFi, or how that would be shown.)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have a persistent problem when I use Porsche Connect to log into to my Taycan 4S' PCM with my Android phone. In the main screen, the small status circle in the upper left corner shows GREEN. However, when the small status circle is selected and the "Connection Status" screen is displayed, it shows that the link between my home Wi-Fi router and the Taycan's PCM in RED. (See picture below) with the notation "No Connection to the PCM".

What do I need to do to correct the "No Connection" issue between my home WI-FI and the PCM?

The Porsche Charge Connect charger is paired with my home Wi-Fi and is connected to the Taycan's left charging port. Does the car also need to be specifically paired to the Wi-Fi in the house? If so, how do I set that up? (I don't think that is the same as setting up the in-car WiFi hotspot feature).

No Connection to PCM.jpg
Unfortunately you will have to live with this at least for the time being. Taycan can not connect to a WiFi network at present. Hopefully that will come in a later update to the software, but I have not received any promise from Porsche about that.

Sorry!

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have the same issue, was wondering same. I guess stuck with it.

Porsche Taycan No Connection to PCM A0ADD749-4756-4268-8445-075867F8D3FE