TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Did a 260 mile round trip today without charging up and was interesting.

I noticed that whilst on a motorway in range mode if the Satellite Navigation is not active on the car you are limited to 70mph but once you activate the cars Sat Nav the range mode max speed is increased to 90MPH.

I also noticed that as range began to drop on the way home so did the max speed (In range mode). There were times where the car would not allow me to drive above 60mph in Range Mode but once I changed to normal or sport the car was allowing me to go way over the speed limits with full throttle power.

What I did observe was that in sport the range dropped drastically as compared to normal mode and in range mode it was best as expected. When the car has enough battery power it feels really rapid in range mode for over takes etc too so anyone know if the range mode reduces power or anything as for long distance cruising i found the range mode to be the best balance between range and power?

I also noticed an icon on the central dash but its hidden behind the steering wheel out of view (for my driving position anyway!) this icon tells you when the rear spoiler is retracted or not. I found that the spoiler only retracts in range mode and not normal or sports mode! Not tried sports plus as was a very wet and windy day today.

Got home with 9 miles remaining!
Porsche Taycan How low can you go? ;-) 20BAEDD9-5EE6-493A-BBFF-A081E09CF670
Porsche Taycan How low can you go? ;-) 275F816B-7E4F-49C0-A738-079479968F7C

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
Brave :)

I've never seen that DIRECT CHARGING button on my 4S. Only PRECOOL/HEAT. When does the DIRECT CHARGING button appear?

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I think its showing as direct charging is turned on in the app..not sure though

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got home with 9 miles remaining!
Should we be proud of this??

(I did find an option that allows you to turn off that speed limiter while in range mode with a low battery.)
Porsche Taycan How low can you go? ;-) 600909D6-2A88-43BF-BE5C-96B378409202

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I think its showing as direct charging is turned on in the app..not sure though
I thought that the Direct Charing button appeared if you had a charging profile active. The button would then allow you to override the profile and initiate charging right away. If no profile is active, it will charge right away to 100% anyway and thus no need for the button to appear.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I get nervous with 50 miles left on the clock, you guys take it to a different level :whew:

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I thought that the Direct Charing button appeared if you had a charging profile active. The button would then allow you to override the profile and initiate charging right away. If no profile is active, it will charge right away to 100% anyway and thus no need for the button to appear.
That must be correct. I've never created a profile. I just setup up my charger on a schedule to only charge when the electricity rate is low.

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
I got all the way to zero today! And I can't recommend it

Porsche Silverstone chargers weren't working properly, 3 motorway Ecotricity chargers failed me (adding only 3-4pct). So I just completed my 200 mile journey with 3 miles to spare. I stopped at a shop 1 mile from home with 3 miles range showing. When I got back into the car (5 mins later) the range showed as --- mi.

I drove the last mile to my house and got a 'critical' warning. As I entered my gateway the car stopped. It wouldn't accept Drive or Reverse. It gave a warning 'Battery charge state critical. Manual restart necessary to park vehicle safely'.

I powered it down with the on,/off button which allowed me to drive the last 50metres up my drive.

To top it off, the car then refused to take charge. The mobile chargeconnect sat at 0 amps. After an hour of messing about it is now charging.

My point.. Don't push that last 5 miles. You might regret it!! (And don't rely on Ecotricity they are unreliable)

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow sounds painful. Thanks for the feedback. I Wont be risking it this low again for sure!
Sponsored