How many launch controls have you done in a Taycan

How many launch controls have you done in a Taycan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Our local Tesco superstore has a large retail park attached to it, the shops are all closed due to the current lockdown restrictions, which has resulted in a very large empty car park, perfect for lauch control……

My wife wasn’t impressed, something about growing up was mentioned along with a few other choice words, however both my son’s enjoyed it.

The Porsche dealer in Preston uses launch control in there car park when explaining the power of the Taycan before you take it out on a test drive, of cause they don’t warn you before hand, the result is interesting…..

I recommend everyone should try it out, its want the car is designed for.
How funny, I was to hesitant to even consider taking my wife out for some Launch Control tests. I did take my two boys as well. They were impressed. Only done 3 with my own car.

I did do 8 or so at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles when I picked up my car. Could only get to about 122mph on their straight away with the 4S, would like to try a Turbo S sometime.

I agree that every owner should try it out at least a few times. The car was designed for it.
Sponsored

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How funny, I was to hesitant to even consider taking my wife out for some Launch Control tests. I did take my two boys as well. They were impressed. Only done 3 with my own car.

I did do 8 or so at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles when I picked up my car. Could only get to about 122mph on their straight away with the 4S, would like to try a Turbo S sometime.

I agree that every owner should try it out at least a few times. The car was designed for it.
I did the same at PEC LA and got till ~130mph on their track with Turbo. With my TTS, I have never been able to get that high (don't know a road that I can) but have done 0-(fast) at freeway ramp a few times already.
It's what the car is designed to.
Would love to know a place where I can push it to 160+mph (safely) !!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I did the same at PEC LA and got till ~130mph on their track with Turbo. With my TTS, I have never been able to get that high (don't know a road that I can) but have done 0-(fast) at freeway ramp a few times already.
Yeah, I've done them in my own car, but the Turbo S launch control starts at PECLA were definitely the E-ticket ride.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yeah, I've done them in my own car, but the Turbo S launch control starts at PECLA were definitely the E-ticket ride.
I
I know a place where you can Germany? I hit its max there so easily (on a quiet autobahn fyi). The tts top speed is limited by the software, even on a hill we maxed the 269km on the speedometer.

Colin the Best

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
Just some attempts to understand How it’s fast....0-100 km/h stay on 3,75-3,8 sec with my perf. battere plus

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
I switch it immediately to individual which in my case is sport plus without electronic sound. Only when there are speed bumps it is in normal mode as with sport plus even at 10 km the floor hits the speed bump.
This is exactly my individual set up and normal daily driving mode!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
never in my car but I did a few at the Porsche Experience in Atlanta in one of their cars.
I did a few in my teslas as well but it does get old quick. I sometimes used it in the tesla like a party trick when showing the car to friends

karllord

First Name
karl lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus .997 Turbo Gen2 6sp. Cayenne S
Country flag
Ive not yet used the Launch Control system . But i will get around to it soon :)

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I personally believe that each dealership should have a runway exiting the showroom floor where you pick it up so you can launch control straight out of the dealership floor - open the doors unlike those morons on that other video.

:)

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
I personally believe that each dealership should have a runway exiting the showroom floor where you pick it up so you can launch control straight out of the dealership floor - open the doors unlike those morons on that other video.

:)
When I had my test drive last year the dealer in Preston, UK demonstrated launch control in the car park, however he didn’t warn me just checked I had my seat belt fasten, then off we went.

The combination of being forced back into the seat and the wall at the end of the car park approaching at speed made for an interesting experience……..

He did say it was his party trick pre test drive to demonstrate the potential of the car……

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
When I had my test drive last year the dealer in Preston, UK demonstrated launch control in the car park, however he didn’t warn me just checked I had my seat belt fasten, then off we went.

The combination of being forced back into the seat and the wall at the end of the car park approaching at speed made for an interesting experience……..

He did say it was his party trick pre test drive to demonstrate the potential of the car……
Looks like the sales person literally places his/her life on strangers hands (or legs) out there :)
Sponsored