4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I know I cannot keep the wife from driving the car forever so….I set her up as a user on the car.

A couple questions for the Taycan experts...

1. What features does the unique registrations save? Seat position? Anything else? I'd prefer to drive the car low and in sport. She probably wants more of a vanilla experience. Would be nice if those selections were also retained. Since the car door enables you to change seats I just wonder the benefit of a separate registration for each driver.

2. I saw somewhere that the keys can be specific to driver. How does that work, get set up, and what's defined to each key?

Thanks in advance. The tech in this car is absolutely awesome.
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
One problem I ran into was that when I give my wife a key she keeps it in her purse but the manual says not to have both keys in the car at the same time.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One problem I ran into was that when I give my wife a key she keeps it in her purse but the manual says not to have both keys in the car at the same time.
what was the problem? And can you (or anyone) answer my questions above? Thank you

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
what was the problem? And can you (or anyone) answer my questions above? Thank you
The problem was simply that the manual said not to do it. I didn't try so I can't cite any specific problems. That being said, I can't seem to find where I read that now.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of customizations are stored either in the seat memory buttons or the Porsche Connect Id that is logged in and selected. However, the last settings used are saved on the key that was used.

Porsche Taycan How to set up keys for husband and wife drivers 1642709879767

Porsche Taycan How to set up keys for husband and wife drivers 1642709793213

Last edited:
OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem was simply that the manual said not to do it. I didn't try so I can't cite any specific problems. That being said, I can't seem to find where I read that now.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of customizations are stored either in the seat memory buttons or the Porsche Connect Id that is logged in and selected. However, the last settings used are saved on the key that was used.

1642709879767.png

1642709793213.png
that's perfect, thanks for that manual reference!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I know I cannot keep the wife from driving the car forever so….I set her up as a user on the car.

A couple questions for the Taycan experts...

1. What features does the unique registrations save? Seat position? Anything else? I'd prefer to drive the car low and in sport. She probably wants more of a vanilla experience. Would be nice if those selections were also retained. Since the car door enables you to change seats I just wonder the benefit of a separate registration for each driver.

2. I saw somewhere that the keys can be specific to driver. How does that work, get set up, and what's defined to each key?

Thanks in advance. The tech in this car is absolutely awesome.
All comfort settings can be stored - seat, AC, PCM, media, mirrors and Porsche Connect ID in use. Drive mode etc not.

When setting make sure you keep your own key well away from the car and then make all the person settings for your wife. I also press the memory button for the key (1 I think) to ensure the settings are saved.

Lock the car and the test with both keys but not together and don't carry both in the car.

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Lock the car and the test with both keys but not together and don't carry both in the car.
This is my gripe with all these systems (BMW is no better). Only having one key in the car is just not workable for the way I use my cars and if you have two it's perennially confused.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All comfort settings can be stored - seat, AC, PCM, media, mirrors and Porsche Connect ID in use. Drive mode etc not.

When setting make sure you keep your own key well away from the car and then make all the person settings for your wife. I also press the memory button for the key (1 I think) to ensure the settings are saved.

Can you explain "memory button key (1 i think)"? Do you mean the button on the door?