daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Does the HUD display show music info also? if anyone that has the Heads Up Display.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've got the HUD option in my Taycan and you can configure the HUD to show different types of info: Speed, Assistance, Media, Phone and Navigation, etc. But in hindsight I wish I'd spent my option money elsewhere. The HUD is fairly basic and while somewhat cool as a novelty initially, it's frankly not worth the cost. Finally, it disappears entirely of you wear polarized sunglasses.

Last edited:

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
I've got the HUD option in my Taycan and you can configure the HUD to show different types of info: Speed, Assistance, Media, Phone and Navigation, etc. But in hindsight I wish I'd spent my option money elsewhere. The HUD is fairly basic and while somewhat cool as a novelty initially, it's frankly not worth the cost. Finally, it disappears entirely of you wear polarized sunglasses.
Hi Dane - As Torv says it does - I am actually very pleased with the HUD. The main features I use a lot are the ACC/Distance control and the speedometer. One of the reasons I purchased it was due my concern about hugely inadvertently exceeding the speed limit and not noticing. The HUD + Waze with police presence/speed camera/average speed check notification seems to work well

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Hi Dane - As Torv says it does - I am actually very pleased with the HUD. The main features I use a lot are the ACC/Distance control and the speedometer. One of the reasons I purchased it was due my concern about hugely inadvertently exceeding the speed limit and not noticing. The HUD + Waze with police presence/speed camera/average speed check notification seems to work well
Ok great, thanks for the update does it display music by any chance.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Ok great, thanks for the update does it display music by any chance.
I just doubled checked and I can't see an option to show music. I must admit I thought it did but looks like it doesn't. @Torv - does it show it on yours? Maybe I a missing something. I have attached a couple of photo of the HUD setup.

Porsche Taycan HUD Question 20211207_173601

Porsche Taycan HUD Question 20211207_173554

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just doubled checked and I can't see an option to show music. I must admit I thought it did but looks like it doesn't. @Torv - does it show it on yours? Maybe I a missing something. I have attached a couple of photo of the HUD setup.

20211207_173601.jpg

20211207_173554.jpg
You're right! I was thinking of a different configuration screen.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I think the HUD is ok. I usually have night vision on my main instrument cluster so it is cool to have the power meter shown on HUD
Sponsored