I have only gone and done it!

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
After months of agonising over the colour of my car and finally settling on a Cherry Red Turbo (Nov build, Dec delivery) I was so disappointed to learn of the calliper size reduction for 2021 MY cars with PSCB’s. I therefore decided to upgrade to PCCB’s before the build freeze date and on speaking to the dealer I cheekily enquired if I could upgrade the whole car to a Turbo S and kidded myself that I would then be getting the PCCB’s for ‘free’ or at least that’s what I told my wife! Unbelievably, they had just had a cancelled order from a customer with the same build slot and offered to swap me into that car. I had a matter of hours to finalise the spec!
So I am now looking forward to a Turbo S and here’s where it gets really interesting or boring depending on your view. With the build freeze date imminent (yesterday) I changed my colour to Coffee Beige with all Black Mission E Wheels (yellow callipers of course) with Black leather and Neodyme interior trim with some extra Carbon bits for good measure. It works honestly but I can here the screams from everyone now.... WHY!
Well I may regret it but I want something different. Besides, I can now start the Coffee Beige colour club even if I am the only member!! Don’t tell me to change back as I am now firmly locked down as they say these days!

Porsche Taycan I have only gone and done it! 8FF78D51-19A1-402E-9B1C-23424E38FF6D

Porsche Taycan I have only gone and done it! 81A62BD3-C5A7-4A33-B0BA-C7F51F71996E

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
A gorgeous build! You will NOT be disappointed!
Close enough to the Chalk 911C4S I have. The color will be complemented all the time, and the car will delight you every time you drive it.

Good call!!

Cheers

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Awesome ( and sorry for my input into small brake caliper-gate!).

Car pics looks amazing. Not sure I could order it my self, but sure it will look superb

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Awesome ( and sorry for my input into small brake caliper-gate!).

Car pics looks amazing. Not sure I could order it my self, but sure it will look superb
[/QUOT

I should really thank you for your input re calliper-gate which proved very timely although my bank manager might have a different view! Haha
I agree it’s a brave choice and not to everyone’s taste.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Ah those lucky “customer just cancelled a Turbo S” slots... I got tempted by one as well

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
After months of agonising over the colour of my car and finally settling on a Cherry Red Turbo (Nov build, Dec delivery) I was so disappointed to learn of the calliper size reduction for 2021 MY cars with PSCB’s. I therefore decided to upgrade to PCCB’s before the build freeze date and on speaking to the dealer I cheekily enquired if I could upgrade the whole car to a Turbo S and kidded myself that I would then be getting the PCCB’s for ‘free’ or at least that’s what I told my wife! Unbelievably, they had just had a cancelled order from a customer with the same build slot and offered to swap me into that car. I had a matter of hours to finalise the spec!
So I am now looking forward to a Turbo S and here’s where it gets really interesting or boring depending on your view. With the build freeze date imminent (yesterday) I changed my colour to Coffee Beige with all Black Mission E Wheels (yellow callipers of course) with Black leather and Neodyme interior trim with some extra Carbon bits for good measure. It works honestly but I can here the screams from everyone now.... WHY!
Well I may regret it but I want something different. Besides, I can now start the Coffee Beige colour club even if I am the only member!! Don’t tell me to change back as I am now firmly locked down as they say these days!

8FF78D51-19A1-402E-9B1C-23424E38FF6D.png

81A62BD3-C5A7-4A33-B0BA-C7F51F71996E.png
This is how it happens. Once you write the check, you won't regret it. Congrats!

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Those wife’s have a ball-grip on us, so we don’t go totally mad. But sometimes they surprise us with their approvals. As for me: I was dreaming of a Turbo, however realistically hoping for a 4S, and surprisingly out of the blue given a full spec edition of Turbo S. I still do not understand, but don’t mind that at all :involve:

Last edited:

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those wife’s have a ball-grip on us, so we don’t go totally mad. But sometimes they surprise us with their approvals. As for me: I was dreaming of a Turbo, however realistically hoping for a 4S, and surprisingly out of the blue given a full spec edition of Turbo S. I still do not understand, but don’t mind that at all :involve:
:CWL: :CWL: It’s crazy but then these are pretty crazy times!

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that looks awesome! Maybe the color of my next car! Please take a few good pics and post them in your "exclusive" club, looking forward to it!
Thanks, I certainly will... I just hope it looks reasonably close to the configurator images. Some colours do but others like Carmine Red look a million miles away from reality. The sample in the dealership looked pretty close but colours can change depending on light conditions. Anyway it’s done now so fingers crossed!
Sponsored