in ICE vehicles we have to check the Engine temp

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
it's a common practice to check your engine temp in an ICE vehicle

in taycan, it shows battery Temp only is that the hottest part of the EV vehicles ?? or the motor get hotter ?? and is there away to check it?
Sponsored

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Only HV battery temp AFAIK

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
The motors get hot. The batteries get hot. The electronics get hot. But battery temp is the only information available to the driver.

The car will monitor itself and reduce power as needed to protect itself. But no, you don’t have an easy way to watch temps climb.

guessing here: there’s probably a way to view all of that via the canbus, but I haven’t seen anyone doing that for the Taycan

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am new to the taycan, haven't taken delivery yet but I have owned a nissan leaf and 3 different teslas and I have never paid any sort of attention to the battery temp.

the only time the temp of the battery would be a concern is if I needed to charge after the car has been sitting outside in cold temps. in addition a cold batteries performance cold be limited for a few minutes after sitting outside in very cold temps.

driving some miles will get the battery warm or if forced to park outside overnight in cold temps, try to keep the car plugged in.
even a 110 connection will aid in keeping the battery warmer. the moral to the story is that IMHO for normal usage there is little reason to be overly concerned about battery temp.
trust the technology

Last edited:

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
The only EV that showed the motor, the power board and battery temp was the Tesla roadster. But that’s only because it would hit the redline and throttle in like 10 minutes of spirited driving...

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
try to keep the car plugged in.
even a 110 connection will aid in keeping the battery warmer. the moral to the story is that IMHO for normal usage there is little reason to be overly concerned about battery temp.
trust the technology
Can you explain more? Will the car condition the battery if it’s plugged in? Or is this assuming the battery is charging?
Sponsored