Incorrect GPS position - anyone had this fun new Taycan electronics problem?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
About 16 days ago (ironically the day after returning from the dealer), my communications module (gateway module??) seems to have failed. This resulted in the simultaneous loss of SOS call functionality (neither red nor green light), Apple Car Play, Bluetooth, Wifi, Smartlift, News, Weather, Calendar, and Porsche Telematics. Dealer has confirmed the issue and ordered a part. Now I'm not sure when this next part started, but was definitely at least 4 days after the original issue stated above began. I started getting warnings in the instrument cluster about speed limit not being available due to no navigation data. I ignored this for a few days because I wasn't using navigation, but today when I tried to use it, I discovered that the GPS position for my car is about 26 miles off. It has me someplace I've never been in the car as far as I can remember. While I've only checked the position today, I know the no navigation data warning has been there for a few days.

Anyone had this? Wonder if the two are related?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Taycan

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fast forward to today and my GPS position is off by over 200 miles. It seemed to wander a few miles to the Southeast every time I started the car, and the error is cumulative. After a lot of discussion with PCNA, the Taycan tech is not convinced the Connect communications module is going to fix this and has suggested replacing the central computer. The Connect module has arrived and they expect to have a central computer Friday or Monday. Replacing either one requires disassembly of the central part of the dash, so they would prefer to wait until both are available before trying the repair. I think the only remaining thing I can learn from this is if replacing the Connect communications module will fix the problem, or if indeed it's a central computer issue.

OP
OP
NC_Taycan

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GPS problem and connectivity problems have been resolved.

Interestingly, the dynamic interior lighting option had always been grayed out in my car. I assumed it only worked with Apple Music (and that may be the case). However it was no longer grayed out for Bluetooth after the central computer replacement (or a software update). It was daytime though so I haven't actually tried it.

Dealer also applied the AMC1 (airbag emergency flashers) campaign while there.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was on a road trip about a month ago, and the GPS seemed to get stuck in one spot, and I realized some miles down the road my GPS was stuck. It didn't allow me to use the intelligent range manager because it would always try to calculate my range from that starting.

The problem resolved itself a few days later. I still don't know why it happened or why it resolved.
Sponsored