Initial Thoughts of My 4S

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
As everyone else says, the car is simply incredible. Straight line handling, power, quiet , the fit and finish. Quite frankly, although I have only put on about a 125 mile since I got the car, I wouldn’t change anything. I know there have been a lot of complaints about the surround view and I don’t get it. I am coming from a 2018 Panamera and the camera is night and day over the one in that car. Although the car did not need charging I went to an Electrify America station not too far from where I live. I did not realize there were chargers at multiple locations and I used the 150kw station. It took about 20 minutes to go from 80% to 98%. The app worked fine. As I was driving away I saw the 350kw station. I will try that some time to see the difference in speed. More details as I put more miles on her but so far Fantastic!
Porsche Taycan Initial Thoughts of My 4S 5B1E18E8-AE04-4A3F-A0F5-CBAFA9A543AE
Porsche Taycan Initial Thoughts of My 4S 22447125-D7E2-4B13-BA9E-0CCB9E3F992B
Porsche Taycan Initial Thoughts of My 4S EB97949F-CB44-4751-A921-AFF7C6F0C4B5

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Such a beautiful car! I am starting to come around to the surround view, it takes a little getting used to but now it's coming in handy.

Always good to check for 350 chargers, Plugshare is what I use. And if the first one doesn't work immediately, just try a different one before calling the support line. This will save you a lot of headache!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
As everyone else says, the car is simply incredible.
Although the car did not need charging I went to an Electrify America station not too far from where I live. I did not realize there were chargers at multiple locations and I used the 150kw station. It took about 20 minutes to go from 80% to 98%. The app worked fine. As I was driving away I saw the 350kw station. I will try that some time to see the difference in speed. More details as I put more miles on her but so far Fantastic!
Welcome aboard!

Regarding the EA Stations:
Since you were already at 80% SoC (State of Charge) you would not have noticed any difference in charging speed between the 150kW and 350kW stations. (or for that matter, a 50kW station would have been nearly as fast).

You won't see the difference a 350kW station can make until you are down around the 20-40% SoC range.

(image from Porsche via Jalopnik)

Porsche Taycan Initial Thoughts of My 4S otq72yi7wl6gwmei8wi
Sponsored