glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Ah it’s not that good in the UK unfortunately. They reduced the notification distance right down, and it’s become quite unreliable with people reporting incorrect stuff
Does anyone know if you can add InnoDrive at the shop after receiving your Taycan?

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
can innodrive be set 5 or 10 miles above speed signs?
Jack

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Without innodrive the cars somewhat steers within the lines but only vaguely. More like a warning when you’re about to cross the lines. With innodrive it follows the road much better as well as adjusting speed towards corners. It is also supposed to know what happens 3km ahead of you, not that I’ve tested how that works.
I tried InnoDrive a bit on a motorway stretch today. And I was very impressed. As has been said here it drives very smooth compared to a Model3 Tesla Autopilot! It keeps the lanes well even if it can waver a bit, but not as jerky as the Tesla. It keeps distance very well and it smoothly adjusts the speed if somebody cuts in in front of you a bit closer that you want. Tesla would react abruptly. It recognised and kept the speed according to the speed signs and had the correct speed for me. When you change lane it accepts that once you indicate where you want to go. And I was most impressed how it handled an exit from a stretch were the speed limit was 130 km/h! It reduced speed smoothly and also steered out of the exit according to the navigation. It probably took the exit at a lower speed compared to the way I would have done, but pleasant. No phantom braking even in shadows or under bridges etc.

I rate InnoDrive much higher than I would have originally thought. Since I bought a showroom car it was specified by the dealer. I would not have ticked that box in my specification. So very pleased and well worth it if you do long road trips.

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Thank you!
If navigation is set can innodrive automatically follow navigation's turn by turn directions?
Jack P

Reactions: Dee

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you!
If navigation is set can innodrive automatically follow navigation's turn by turn directions?
Jack P
I never tried that. In both cases the exit was directly to a toll booth so I switched the system off. I only wanted to try it out as an assistance system on a longish trip with lots of speed changes and famous speed traps. And that was performed perfectly. The exit experience was just an added bonus.

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received my Taycan yesterday.
Innodrive is amazing!
I do NOTHING and the car follows others cars or lines. It’s unbelievable.

When I was in a hard corner, I had the feeling the car would not follow the curve and I prefered to help the steering wheel but it was just the beginning.
Do you know if Innodrive follows hard curves?
Moreover, it’s sometimes a little bit boring to have signs recognition, in particular when there are a temporary sign regarding works on road. Sometimes it’s more dangerous to brake than continue at the same speed in these cases.

OP
OP
Taycan4S

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
I received my Taycan yesterday.
Innodrive is amazing!
I do NOTHING and the car follows others cars or lines. It’s unbelievable.

When I was in a hard corner, I had the feeling the car would not follow the curve and I prefered to help the steering wheel but it was just the beginning.
Do you know if Innodrive follows hard curves?
Moreover, it’s sometimes a little bit boring to have signs recognition, in particular when there are a temporary sign regarding works on road. Sometimes it’s more dangerous to brake than continue at the same speed in these cases.
I disabled the signs function due to this. Innodrive still steers and then uses normal adaptive cruise control at your own set speed.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Innodrive sounds good, but for me being in the UK I dont think it's something I would spend 2.5k on. The amount of times it would be used and autonomous driving isnt ideally here. Plus I buy a porsche to drive for the experience, not for a computer to do so. I'll use playstation for that!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Innodrive sounds good, but for me being in the UK I dont think it's something I would spend 2.5k on. The amount of times it would be used and autonomous driving isnt ideally here. Plus I buy a porsche to drive for the experience, not for a computer to do so. I'll use playstation for that!
Still, loaded second hand cars sell better.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Still, loaded second hand cars sell better.
Only relevant if you are buying the car outright, in the uk with pcp extras on cars do not change the guaranteed future value so it only increases your payments.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would tend to agree with you. For the UK with so much traffic it would probably not be used very often? There is a increase in cost from the adaptive cruise control of about 1200 Euro, so I did not look for this initially. like the reasons you mention. But having now experienced this on some longer stretch of fairly deserted French motorways and must admit I like it very much. I would only use it as an aid on long trips, and will likely save me some cash from the speed camera location I always tend to forget?!?
Sponsored