ACC / Innodrive (UK)

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I had an extra test drive yesterday. Intended just to go an listen to the stereos and check the seats but was booked in to take the car for a few hours. As time was a little short, I drove home up the motorway. I hadn’t intended to take the car on the motorway and as it was quite busy I tried out the ACC and lane keep assist. The ACC was very good. I was surprised how much I liked it. Lane keep assist is, I think, designed to correct you if you stray towards a line rather than keep the car in the middle of the lane. It was ok, but I wouldn’t spec it. Very tempted by the ACC though, even though I don’t spend that much time on motorways
Sponsored

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Keeping the car in the middle of the lane is not the function of Lane Keep Assist but Active Lane Keep Assist. Two absolutely different functions. The first is rather for safety the second for comfort.
Cars with Innodrive includes Active Lane Keep Assist, you should activate this function on your test to keep the car in the middle of the lane. It shows green steering wheel icon wen not active and green when active. Lane Keep Assist icon is a car with two lines both sides.

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Keeping the car in the middle of the lane is not the function of Lane Keep Assist but Active Lane Keep Assist. Two absolutely different functions. The first is rather for safety the second for comfort.
Cars with Innodrive includes Active Lane Keep Assist, you should activate this function on your test to keep the car in the middle of the lane. It shows green steering wheel icon wen not active and green when active. Lane Keep Assist icon is a car with two lines both sides.
I think it was probably the active version as the steering kept me within the white lines. But I can’t tell you which icons were active
Sponsored