OP
Taycan4S

Taycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ex 964 C4,
Country flag
I would tend to agree with you. For the UK with so much traffic it would probably not be used very often? There is a increase in cost from the adaptive cruise control of about 1200 Euro, so I did not look for this initially. like the reasons you mention. But having now experienced this on some longer stretch of fairly deserted French motorways and must admit I like it very much. I would only use it as an aid on long trips, and will likely save me some cash from the speed camera location I always tend to forget?!?
I use it mostly in traffic. In queues, when not able to really drive the car as it should be driven. Activate Innodrive and it follows the queue, stop, start, turning. You can sit back and enjoy the view with a hand on the wheel and it drives itself :)
Sponsored

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would tend to agree with you. For the UK with so much traffic it would probably not be used very often?
Having driven a Model S in LA traffic for 4 years, I can tell you the opposite is true. Current self driving is useful primarily on long boring highway stretches like old cruise control AND bumper to bumper traffic. Once traffic lightens up you’ll have fun driving your Porsche. But when you’re inching along you’ll love having the car do it for you.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
It's a must-have.
With this futuristic appearance it just should have all the gadgets imho.
Agreed, plus it’s incredibly handy if you go for liquid lunches or can’t get a taxi after a heavy night out....

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As long as you keep your hands on the wheel it steers.
So to be clear, you have to keep a little bit of force on the wheel so the car knows your not passed out at the wheel. Then it steers for you. If you take your hands off it will steer then alert you to put your hands back on the wheel. If you don’t, then the car stops in a controlled manner.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
So to be clear, you have to keep a little bit of force on the wheel so the car knows your not passed out at the wheel. Then it steers for you. If you take your hands off it will steer then alert you to put your hands back on the wheel. If you don’t, then the car stops in a controlled manner.
No, it doesn't stop I think (never tried).

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So to be clear, you have to keep a little bit of force on the wheel so the car knows your not passed out at the wheel. Then it steers for you. If you take your hands off it will steer then alert you to put your hands back on the wheel.
Got it. Is it that if I just have my hand resting on the bottom of the wheel, that is enough?

Would be weird to do that and have the steering wheel moving by itself, but I guess I would get used to that.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got it. Is it that if I just have my hand resting on the bottom of the wheel, that is enough?

Would be weird to do that and have the steering wheel moving by itself, but I guess I would get used to that.
The idea is that you steer, but if you don’t then it will for you. That’s what I think but time will tell. Looking forward to this!! Love tech, love cars.. can’t wait.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, it doesn't stop I think (never tried).
I think it would need to. Otherwise if you had a heart attack or something the thing would keep on driving! That would be interesting!!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it would need to. Otherwise if you had a heart attack or something the thing would keep on driving! That would be interesting!!
Yes it does come to a controlled stop according to many things I have read.