epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I don't quite agree. Porsche as a brand now has cars, like a regular Macan, which drives nothing more like a Audi Q...
You are absolutely correct, I should have said the IMAGE of the cars they sell. They are still selling the image of a sports car, even though most of their sells are SUVs and Sedans (by a lot).
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I am not getting innodrive nor adaptive cruise control. In all the cars I have even owned and that had these things, i used the first few months then never again. Porsche is a brand and driving experience, if I wanted Tech i'd go Tesla as they are well ahead of every other car company in the world. They are a tech based company at its core! Porsche for quality and drive, Tesla for cutting edge tech and free upgrades!
Don’t really agree, Tesla to me isn’t about the electric car, it’s about the autopilot. But it’s not that great. Reading about Innodrive it appears to better than so called autopilot. Guess we will wait and see. I think Tesla is smoke & mirrors.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I have added InnoDrive to my build as im used the to the similar system on the Bentley Continental and i like it, but I haven’t added lane change assist
I’m not sure if this work's with InnoDrive or is completely separate

but i really dislike the orange flashing on the wing mirrors !!! I find it very distracting on the Bentley and i assume that the Taycan would be the same

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Don’t really agree, Tesla to me isn’t about the electric car, it’s about the autopilot. But it’s not that great. Reading about Innodrive it appears to better than so called autopilot. Guess we will wait and see. I think Tesla is smoke & mirrors.
I wasn't specifically talking just about innodrive, Tesla has been software engineering that is a fact, if you don't see that they oh well... Reading and real world are different things, each to their own that's why we all have options when specing a Porsche :)

For me I won't use it, never even use cruise control so it's pointless to me

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not getting innodrive nor adaptive cruise control. In all the cars I have even owned and that had these things, i used the first few months then never again. Porsche is a brand and driving experience, if I wanted Tech i'd go Tesla as they are well ahead of every other car company in the world. They are a tech based company at its core! Porsche for quality and drive, Tesla for cutting edge tech and free upgrades!
I feel the same way. I could understand adding those options if I had regular long drives, but that’s just not the case for me. While I’ll certainly log lots of highway miles, my primary use case is mostly local driving (and winding back roads).

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel the same way. I could understand adding those options if I had regular long drives, but that’s just not the case for me. While I’ll certainly log lots of highway miles, my primary use case is mostly local driving (and winding back roads).
I use adaptive cruise control all the time for local driving - and I don’t ever have to worry about rear ending anyone. The added features of InnoDrive (which I hope to have in a 4S to be delivered in mid to late August) will recognize stop signs, I think, so one other thing not to worry about. Makes for a very relaxing drive for me. And using ACC in bumper to bumper traffic makes for a much easier ”driving” experience.
Sponsored