First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover velar
Country flag
Hi,
In France (and probably around Europe too), when you want to charge to a IONITY, you just need to plug the car and the IONITY charging point will automatically recognize the car.
It works (not on all IONITY charging station).

What is very strange, is:
  • When this is not working, I need to flash the 3D code with the Charing app of Porsche and then it recognizes me (with my MyPorsche account) and at the end of the session, I have the list of sessions in the myPorsche website (with the price and the number of KWh);
  • When this is working, the session is ok, my car is charged, but I have no trace of the charging session. -> and I don't know how IONITY is paid for this session because I have no account on IONITY and thus they don't know how to charge me for the session. Porsche Connect hotline told me that probably there is a "back door" in this case where the charge could be free... sounds strange no?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I suggest you order the free Porsche Charging Service RFID card – for when you need to manually start a charger – it will be easier than the app. I never use the app to start a charger and I don't have Plug & Play due to have a MY21 22kWh charger installed.