Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Here is a good site that tracks the status of Ionity chargers. As has been said before there is no information about future plans apart from when they are starting to build the sites. Very encouraging to see the rollout. It was stated that they aim for 400 sites by year end 2020. After that ??? Hopefully more rollout.

https://ionity.ev-info.eu/
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
So far I’ve found IONITY, Instavolt & Eon to be reliable chargers. Elcotrcity are terrible in my experience. Any other reputable easy to use +150kw that are reliable?
That is interesting information about alternatives in the UK. I have been trying to find Rapid Charging networks , ie with chargers above say 125 kW. I looked today at the Porsche charging network as it is on their website. I tried to find a route from Nice in France to Stockholm, Sweden. I know and am fully aware of the ABRP app and Use that to plan all the time, but decided to give Porsche a go. The Porsche site was not any good at all. It took a route that was a mystery to me. It calculated the driving time but did not include a ferry trip that is several hours long! Etc etc. So no use at all.

But the thing I was intrigued about was the charging networks that were available in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark and Sweden and Norway. It looks like the subscription you have with the Taycan is valid also for networks outside of Ionity networks, I have seen Fastned in Netherlands and Germany, “Allego”? In Netherlands and Germany, EON, plus a number of other names. All of these seem to work with the Porsche Connect app for charging as I have understood it! You get the charge and are billed by your account on Porsche Connect? It seems Porsche in the Central European countries have concluded agreements with these third party networks to have the same cost per kWh?

Am I correct in my conclusion? And if these arrangements are done in Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland etc why not in other countries? Here in France there is nothing more available as Rapid chargers than Ionity? Maybe there are no other networks implemented, but there are clearly networks in the UK with EON, Fastned and Instavolt. Why are these networks not available as a preference for Taycan owners? Are they cheaper than Ionity? Would be so handy to just have one Smart Card, FOB or App to charge at a number of networks?

Maybe we should try to make a list of Rapid Chargers that can be used in the different European Countries, stating Name, Power above 125 kW, and ways to pay for charging. Porsche Charging Planner is not going to help us find these networks.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Very true. Having made 1 UK long trip, I kinda now know where to go. Especially down the west side, I’m heading to burton on Trent next week, then the following eeek to Essex. So Essex looking like all 150+ bar one charger that I need a quick 30 minutes at 50 kw as I head sept into Essex country roads, that way I can get back to a 150 when I head home. Be good to get a list going of known good multi 150 and above units.

MarcS

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (19.11.20!), 350GLE
Country flag
UK guys. Does anyone know where and when IONITY will be rolling out more of their chargers here in the UK?
Hi, Ionity will start works at Chippenham service (just off M4) soon and another one in Alnwick A1 hopefully soon. There are three more in the pipeline for Scotland as well. They want a total around 40 stations in UK and are looking for sites urgently.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Received my Bill from Porsche for charging. So the IONITY guy must have been wrong. Ionity charging within the first year is obviously not free, like the guy told me...
I had a real game with Ionity. I spent an hour on the phone to them trying to get a charger to work. They charged my card 4 times which then alerted the bank fraud department and my cards got cancelled ! And although it was a 150KW charger it only worked at 50kw and I might have well used the Ecotricity charger on the same services.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very true. Having made 1 UK long trip, I kinda now know where to go. Especially down the west side, I’m heading to burton on Trent next week, then the following eeek to Essex. So Essex looking like all 150+ bar one charger that I need a quick 30 minutes at 50 kw as I head sept into Essex country roads, that way I can get back to a 150 when I head home. Be good to get a list going of known good multi 150 and above units.
Zap map app. The Porsche sat nav is useless. I parked next to a charger yesterday and it didn't even show up.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
So far I’ve found IONITY, Instavolt & Eon to be reliable chargers. Elcotrcity are terrible in my experience. Any other reputable easy to use +150kw that are reliable?
I've just signed up to Polar Plus as part of switching energy tariff so will see what that brings to the party!

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've just signed up to Polar Plus as part of switching energy tariff so will see what that brings to the party!
I have now too. Although they do mainly seem to be 7.2Kw chargers. Hopefully that will improve.
I found a decent one in a Morrisons car park in Birmingham. Still had to phone them to get it to work, but they were good. Of course, it wasn't listed on the Sat nav.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I have now too. Although they do mainly seem to be 7.2Kw chargers. Hopefully that will improve.
I found a decent one in a Morrisons car park in Birmingham. Still had to phone them to get it to work, but they were good. Of course, it wasn't listed on the Sat nav.
The polar plus map seems to have a fair few "rapid" stations available - seem to be mainly around hotels etc.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
im getting my car in 8 weeks, i already have range anxiety..........
I had heard something pretty weird the other day. As part of an EU requirement Tesla had to make available some charging points for non-Tesla cars at its locations. Not sure if this applies for all sites or just new ones... Has anyone else heard about this?

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I had heard something pretty weird the other day. As part of an EU requirement Tesla had to make available some charging points for non-Tesla cars at its locations. Not sure if this applies for all sites or just new ones... Has anyone else heard about this?
I read that was a bug in Tesla world and probably closed down now... Even if it was true we are falling out of EU so Tesla GB could do something different after Jan I guess.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I read that was a bug in Tesla world and probably closed down now... Even if it was true we are falling out of EU so Tesla GB could do something different after Jan I guess.
Yep - there is always hope... or a 3 pin plug somewhere...

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3, Mk4 Megane Trophy-R, C1 Race Car
Country flag
im getting my car in 8 weeks, i already have range anxiety..........
Mine arrived at the OPC today and collect this week - I have range excitement - can’t wait to set off on a long journey and see how I get on :D
Sponsored