First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Hi,
I'll be doing my first long drive in a few weeks with my CT and I am wondering what is your experience with Ionity chargers and how should I prepare best.
I'll pass through hungary, austria, germany, italy all having enough Ionity chargers along my route.

I've seen in the Ionity app that there is an option to have a subscription activated "Ionity Passport" that will reduce the rate per kwh, and that would make sense for my long drive. I would like to know if that is a good deal from your experience. Have you guys encountered any problems with it or do you have some other hints ?

I've read about a Porsche Card that some of you might have received with the purchase of the car, but my country is not part of the program so I don't have it.
Can you let me know how the Porsche Card works, if you are able to unlock Ionity with it and what are the charging costs for it ?
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I used Ionity in Germany, Switzerland and Italy. 99% of the time it was an absolute blast. Even in remote places in Italy I had charging speeds up to 260kw. I got my subscription with the car and got a plastic card that I just tap at the chargers, but many times my car got recognized by plug&charge. It charges very low rates, there is a pdf you can download that shows the pricing with and without a subscription throughout Europe. I’m out and can’t provide it right now, but it should be a quick and easy google for you. I relied on Ionity fully and was never disappointed when traveling cross country. Hope this helps a bit.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I drive around in DE (fast), AT (moderate), CH (slow and hands over my head, ready to surrender) ITA (fast). Ionity is my preferred network. In CH (not sure about the other European countries) Porsche gives you a 3-year free membership to charge at any Ionity at a reduced rate (you pay ca. 0,30 eur/kwh). They give you a black RFID card you put against the charging stall, after you have plugged the cable and it will activate the charging process. You can also activate it via the Porsche charging app or myporsche app (I think). if you dig through the Porsche charging app (green icon for iOS) you will find the exact prices for any country (also available as a pdf in some remote Porsche archive but I can't find it).

I tried around 20-25 ionity stations multiple times. Very fast in general (depends on many factors, though). If SOC is low, battery is pre-conditioned and "battery protection" option in PCM deactivated you can hit 200-260+ kw

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I drive around in DE (fast), AT (moderate), CH (slow and hands over my head, ready to surrender) ITA (fast). Ionity is my preferred network. In CH (not sure about the other European countries) Porsche gives you a 3-year free membership to charge at any Ionity at a reduced rate (you pay ca. 0,30 eur/kwh). They give you a black RFID card you put against the charging stall, after you have plugged the cable and it will activate the charging process. You can also activate it via the Porsche charging app or myporsche app (I think). if you dig through the Porsche charging app (green icon for iOS) you will find the exact prices for any country (also available as a pdf in some remote Porsche archive but I can't find it).

I tried around 20-25 ionity stations multiple times. Very fast in general (depends on many factors, though). If SOC is low, battery is pre-conditioned and "battery protection" option in PCM deactivated you can hit 200-260+ kw
Man, this is maybe the only downside. Why did they make many Ionity chargers here in Switzerland only 150kw… Italy was always super fast for me too.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Man, this is maybe the only downside. Why did they make many Ionity chargers here in Switzerland only 150kw… Italy was always super fast for me too.
Now you are enlightening me. I stopped dozens at Ionity Bellinzona or Heidiland (for non locals, Heidi-land is a gas station on a highway) every time in the middle of the night, just me at the charging stall. And was cursing in different languages as I was *always* getting 150 something max. now I know. thanks. no idea why they did it. bad. one would think the other way around (ITA vs CH)
ps. I have a my20 yours must be newer as I don't seem to have plug&charge

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Same here in Belgium, we receive the subscription free for 3 years and then you receive an RFID card.
But If you don’t have the subscription you can pay 179€ if I remember correctly per year to activate it. And then the rate goes from 0,79€ to 0,33€/kWh VAT incl.
And as it might be too short to receive the RFID car, you can use an app called charging done by Porsche that allows you to activate the charge when plug&charge is not active.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The Porsche Charging service is most likely not available in Romania, together with a few other countries. See screenshot. So I think OP has a bit of challenge to get the rates from Porsche. Probably best to get the Ionity subscription direct from Ionity.
Porsche Taycan Ionity Passport charging subscription ? 2B7E9658-5576-47D5-813C-15EF3728C179

Otherwise it will be a bit expensive.

OP
OP

mmdumi

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Indeed, I've signed up inside Ionity app for the Passport subscription.
Lets hope for a smooth journey. Thanks for you replies.
Sponsored