iPhone notification volume

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
Looking for help from the Genius Bar here.
When connected to the car my phone notifications (text received, etc) are LOUD. It’s not related to ringer volume or anything I can find in the phone menus. I can’t see a menu in the PCM to decrease volume. When the phone rings it’s a normal volume. Did I mention they are LOUD!
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Yup I have the same issue and there does not seem to be any way to change that. Which is really problematic it can HURT depending in your base volume setting. Big oversight.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I found on another site that your only opportunity to adjust the volume is during the notification. So keep the phone in your hand while using Waze or while a friend is texting you. Then while the notification is splitting your eardrums, crank the volume down (on the phone) quickly. It will remember that volume setting next time you receive a notification.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It was on my to do list to find out how to lower the text received volume. Now I know you can’t. Ugh.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was on my to do list to find out how to lower the text received volume. Now I know you can’t. Ugh.
You just need to lower the volume while the notification is playing. That new lower volume level seems to apply to all types of notification (text, calendar, Waze, etc). Have a passenger text you over and over and adjust it until you get it to your preferred volume. Key is that you must adjust while the notification sound is playing, so you don’t have much time.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Or go into settings/sounds & haptics and adjust the volume...

Porsche Taycan iPhone notification volume 8077BA24-FE45-4495-BD16-75B240ECC973

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You just need to lower the volume while the notification is playing. That new lower volume level seems to apply to all types of notification (text, calendar, Waze, etc). Have a passenger text you over and over and adjust it until you get it to your preferred volume. Key is that you must adjust while the notification sound is playing, so you don’t have much time.
When you say lower the volume are you using the volume control on the phone? When I push volume down it just cancels the text alert.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you say lower the volume are you using the volume control on the phone? When I push volume down it just cancels the text alert.
That is what I recall, but will try again when I get my vehicle back. (Having to replace hardware that stopped working during the software upgrade.)

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Looking for help from the Genius Bar here.
When connected to the car my phone notifications (text received, etc) are LOUD. It’s not related to ringer volume or anything I can find in the phone menus. I can’t see a menu in the PCM to decrease volume. When the phone rings it’s a normal volume. Did I mention they are LOUD!
When a notification enters and the sound goes off, use the CAR'S volume knob on the steering wheel to reduce it. Same as navigation, when navigation talks, use the knob on the car to raise or lower (you can also do it in settings for navigation). Net, the knob on the car controls the volume of whatever is making a noise independent of radio or anything else...
Sponsored