Is the PMCC waterproof. Anyone using it outside?

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I will be charging on 3 phase 16A so 11 KW. I'm have having a socket installed in my garage shortly but was also thinking of a socket on the outside wall for occasional charging during the day.

I believe the PMCC is waterproof. It's more secure in the Porsche Wall Box and protected a little from the weather, but since this is in my drive and only used occasionally I was thinking I could just buy an extra wall bracket.

Advice please. Thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It is IP55 rated and suitable for outside use. My neighbour has his outside (all weathers) and unprotected. I have mine inside in the dock - the combination when used outside would be ideal.

IP55 does not mean waterproof.

IP55 = protection against dust for up to 55 minutes under water pressure of one bar.

Detailed in the manual.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is IP55 rated and suitable for outside use. My neighbour has his outside (all weathers) and unprotected. I have mine inside in the dock - the combination when used outside would be ideal.

IP55 = protection against dust for up to 55 minutes under water pressure of one bar.

Detailed in the manual.
Thanks. Might be best to have the wall dock. This means the unit is secure too.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Detailed in the manual.
Could you please post a picture of the inside of the wallbox so I can understand the installation? I assume the power socket is still on the wall and the back of the box is open?

Cheers

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Manual attached - I'll happily post some pictures if it helps.
Thanks I found the thread above. What I've learned from that is the power socket has to be upside down. I will be using a 16A 3 phase Red power lead & socket.
Sponsored