Is there not a silver/polished chrome wheel option?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you choose a silver car and the 'Wheel Painted in Exterior Colour' then you will get silver to match.

No chrome (thankfully). These wheels will chip.

Note that these wheels will consume much of the additional range on offer....

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am a bit surprised by the wheel colour choices too.

I dislike machined highlights on wheels myself but they seem to be fashionable and have been for a while, so there are a lot of them.

I selected Vesuvius Grey for my CT wheels which look good IMO as do Aurum, my winter wheels are platinum silver, unfortunately with machined highlights, and they look good to me too, but silver wheels does seem to be out of fashion at the moment.

IIRC Chrome plating isn’t a good idea on light alloy wheels and steel wheels are rare these days.

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
If you choose a silver car and the 'Wheel Painted in Exterior Colour' then you will get silver to match.

No chrome (thankfully). These wheels will chip.

Note that these wheels will consume much of the additional range on offer....
But you can’t get them on a darker colour car via the configurator. Though assuming you can get a wheel painted any colour through Exclusive.

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
silver wheels does seem to be out of fashion at the moment.
Certainly not out of fashion with Ferrari.

And polished alloy, not a chrome plating, to clarity.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Certainly not out of fashion with Ferrari.

And polished alloy, not a chrome plating, to clarity.
My Ferrari has silver wheels but they are paint since they are magnesium. I haven’t looked at the choices since they went all bling though.

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
My Ferrari has silver wheels but they are paint since they are magnesium. I haven’t looked at the choices since they went all bling though.
Me too; One polished and one in Matte Grigio.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
But you can’t get them on a darker colour car via the configurator. Though assuming you can get a wheel painted any colour through Exclusive.
Ask your dealer they may have more flexibility to order different to car colour.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I wouldn't do this myself (as i am happy with my wheels), but there are wheel refurbishment companies that would be able to paint the wheels any colour or finish you would like. I am not talking about mobile refurbishment in a van, I am talking about having the wheels stripped of paint finishes and reapplied professionally, perhaps even powder coating. You could then choose even just a subtle change if preferred. From what I understand this is not too expensive. I considered this for my wife's car, and might still have them done at some point (although just to bring them back to original quality and remove some bubbling paint).

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I wouldn't do this myself (as i am happy with my wheels), but there are wheel refurbishment companies that would be able to paint the wheels any colour or finish you would like. I am not talking about mobile refurbishment in a van, I am talking about having the wheels stripped of paint finishes and reapplied professionally, perhaps even powder coating. You could then choose even just a subtle change if preferred. From what I understand this is not too expensive. I considered this for my wife's car, and might still have them done at some point (although just to bring them back to original quality and remove some bubbling paint).
Assuming you could also just request Porsche finish/paint the wheel however you like.