exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Just done a 120 miles trip and all was well, parked up for about 40 mins and then went to go back out and car showing “Electrical system fault, park vehicle safely”.
Everything seems to light up but it will not engage any drive forward or backward.
Porsche Taycan Is this the dreaded 12v battery issue? 279ED2D6-F418-4AAF-8B88-1892907C717F
P
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
No. That’s not the 12v issue.

It *might* be related to another repair campaign. Maybe. Have your Service Advisor check your VIN against open campaigns.

Meantime, try this: Turn off, and lock car. Walk away for 15 minutes. Return to car and try again.

The 15 minute lock will clear all “non-fatal” errors.

Then take it to your dealership.

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
No. That’s not the 12v issue.

It *might* be related to another repair campaign. Maybe. Have your Service Advisor check your VIN against open campaigns.

Meantime, try this: Turn off, and lock car. Walk away for 15 minutes. Return to car and try again.

The 15 minute lock will clear all “non-fatal” errors.

Then take it to your dealership.
Thanks @louv - tried your trick and it worked. Fault is no longer showing and the 2 tonne of metal is no longer a garden ornament :)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Thanks @louv - tried your trick and it worked. Fault is no longer showing and the 2 tonne of metal is no longer a garden ornament :)
But, it is such a pretty garden gnome... ornament... whatever.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
It would be interesting nonetheless to know what Porsche says about this but glad it could be self-corrected...Happy motoring...

Mao61

First Name
MEHMET ANIL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just done a 120 miles trip and all was well, parked up for about 40 mins and then went to go back out and car showing “Electrical system fault, park vehicle safely”.
Everything seems to light up but it will not engage any drive forward or backward.
279ED2D6-F418-4AAF-8B88-1892907C717F.jpeg
P
Sorry i see the same problem yesterday did you find any solution my car made it 2 times ?

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Sorry i see the same problem yesterday did you find any solution my car made it 2 times ?
Sorry to hear that, It has only done it once on me and leaving it cleared the issue.

I do have it booked into Dealer on 22nd for software update and they said they would look into it then. Will let you know what they say.

rasmusbeyron

First Name
Rasmus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, It has only done it once on me and leaving it cleared the issue.

I do have it booked into Dealer on 22nd for software update and they said they would look into it then. Will let you know what they say.
I got the same message and problems on my taycan today, left it home and when I came back it worked just fine. I have 500km to Porsche center - won’t go there if don’t really have to. Did you get any answers from yours dealer?

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I got the same message and problems on my taycan today, left it home and when I came back it worked just fine. I have 500km to Porsche center - won’t go there if don’t really have to. Did you get any answers from yours dealer?
Took it in for the campaign update and so asked the Dealer to check into it, they said that they took a look and could not find any issues or errors recorded. Thankfully I have not had the issue happen again and have done a further 1500 miles since it happened.

rasmusbeyron

First Name
Rasmus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took it in for the campaign update and so asked the Dealer to check into it, they said that they took a look and could not find any issues or errors recorded. Thankfully I have not had the issue happen again and have done a further 1500 miles since it happened.
Okey, I got the same error on Friday! Have sent it to PC on a trailer - lets see what they find.

OP
OP
exav8tor

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Okey, I got the same error on Friday! Have sent it to PC on a trailer - lets see what they find.
Really sorry to hear that yours didn’t recover after leaving it for a while, that is really not good. Please do let me know how you get on.

rasmusbeyron

First Name
Rasmus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really sorry to hear that yours didn’t recover after leaving it for a while, that is really not good. Please do let me know how you get on.
When the car first arrived they didn’t find any fault, but I told them that I don’t won’t it back before w know what’s going on. Then one of the mechanics brought it home over the night and the fault showed up again, after some troubleshooting they decided to replace the main battery pack! :) probably I will get the car back by next week.
Sponsored