X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine has been been sitting at Edmen Port for about 10 days now. App just updated the other day from 7/1 to 7/8. Why not LAKE WANAKA rather than SIEM CICERO?
Isn't LAKE WAKANA already in Emden? My vehicle is only just starting production now and won't be completed for a couple of weeks. Is your vehicle scheduled for the LAKE WAKANA ... is so did your dealer pass that info to you? I haven't asked my SA for vessel details yet. Thanks
Sponsored

tgorup

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Isn't LAKE WAKANA already in Emden? My vehicle is only just starting production now and won't be completed for a couple of weeks. Is your vehicle scheduled for the LAKE WAKANA ... is so did your dealer pass that info to you? I haven't asked my SA for vessel details yet. Thanks
Gotcha, I thought you had the same date. App doesn’t show any assignment yet. Just that it’s sitting at the port and scheduled to arrive 7/8. I’ve just been eyeing boats coming and going to Edmen and guessing it’s LAKE WANAKA. Trying to be patient, but it’s just been sitting around for 10 days! Soon enough I suppose 😁

Porsche Taycan July 2022 Delivery AD03102D-445B-4DE3-9CBE-63A47DBE9CA0

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Gotcha, I thought you had the same date. App doesn’t show any assignment yet. Just that it’s sitting at the port and scheduled to arrive 7/8. I’ve just been eyeing boats coming and going to Edmen and guessing it’s LAKE WANAKA. Trying to be patient, but it’s just been sitting around for 10 days! Soon enough I suppose 😁

AD03102D-445B-4DE3-9CBE-63A47DBE9CA0.png
Mine didn't show it was on vessel until marinetraffic showed that the vessel left port. For me, the actual date listed on TYD is 2 days earlier than the day TYD updated so there was a bit of a delay and I was worried I was not going to make it on the ship I was hoping for.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag

AD03102D-445B-4DE3-9CBE-63A47DBE9CA0.png
Ah, OK thanks. While app are you using to monitor ship traffic? I've been nosing around but haven't decided which to go for. Congrats on your vehicle getting through the build process and now ready for shipment! I'm hoping mine won't be too far behind yours. Where are you based in Texas? Maybe should organize a summer delivery get together!

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine didn't show it was on vessel until marinetraffic showed that the vessel left port. For me, the actual date listed on TYD is 2 days earlier than the day TYD updated so there was a bit of a delay and I was worried I was not going to make it on the ship I was hoping for.
Congrats your vessel is underway! So Marinetraffic is the app you would recommend for vessel info and tracking? Appreciate any tips and insights you can share (e.g. is the standard plan sufficient for our needs?), thanks!

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Congrats your vessel is underway! So Marinetraffic is the app you would recommend for vessel info and tracking? Appreciate any tips and insights you can share (e.g. is the standard plan sufficient for our needs?), thanks!
Once it was in the middle of the ocean MarineTraffic said it was out of range so it didn’t have a location for around 6 days but the ETA for its first stop was only off by about 2 hours. Shipfix I actually just found and had a more updated location than when MarineTraffic said it was out of range. I don’t think it’s worth paying for a plan on MarineTraffic because you won’t really get much more information when it’s in the middle of the Atlantic.

Reactions: X88

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Once it was in the middle of the ocean MarineTraffic said it was out of range so it didn’t have a location for around 6 days but the ETA for its first stop was only off by about 2 hours. Shipfix I actually just found and had a more updated location than when MarineTraffic said it was out of range. I don’t think it’s worth paying for a plan on MarineTraffic because you won’t really get much more information when it’s in the middle of the Atlantic.
Fun fact, you can get a 7 day trial on Marine Traffic for free, which is about the length of time it takes for it to get back in range of the land based tracking systems. Worked great for me!

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Mine has been stuck in Emden since 6/7/22, not sure how it can make it's estimated 7/8/22 delivery

tgorup

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Mine has been stuck in Emden since 6/7/22, not sure how it can make it's estimated 7/8/22 delivery
I’m in the same place. I’m thinking the 15th is more realistic for ready to pick up. Assuming it gets on a boat this weekend.

tgorup

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ah, OK thanks. While app are you using to monitor ship traffic? I've been nosing around but haven't decided which to go for. Congrats on your vehicle getting through the build process and now ready for shipment! I'm hoping mine won't be too far behind yours. Where are you based in Texas? Maybe should organize a summer delivery get together!
Looks like some good app recommendations above! I’ve been using vesselfinder.com to watch the boats going in and out of Emden port. I liked that it made it easy to see the carrier type. I’ve just started checking out Marine Traffic. Thinking it’s useful to couple the two. Use vesselfinder to figure out the boats you want to watch and Marine Traffic to monitor them with the “My Fleet” feature. I’ll have to check out the other recommendations above as well.

Ohh and I’m up in Fulshear/Katy area.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks like some good app recommendations above! I’ve been using vesselfinder.com to watch the boats going in and out of Emden port. I liked that it made it easy to see the carrier type. I’ve just started checking out Marine Traffic. Thinking it’s useful to couple the two. Use vesselfinder to figure out the boats you want to watch and Marine Traffic to monitor them with the “My Fleet” feature. I’ll have to check out the other recommendations above as well.

Ohh and I’m up in Fulshear/Katy area.
Thanks for the tips! Fulshear/Katy is definitely close enough for a summer baby get-together! I'm in the River Oaks/Highland Village area.

mwebber888

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 991.2 gt3rs, BMW x7 m50i, raptor
Country flag
Fun fact, you can get a 7 day trial on Marine Traffic for free, which is about the length of time it takes for it to get back in range of the land based tracking systems. Worked great for me!
Haha I did the exact same thing and I'll be canceling my trial today because.... We hit land! So stoked as I'm sure you are!
Sponsored

• Haha