jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
My Comfort Access works well. Key fob is always detected.
You have to touch the handle to lock when you leave the car
button is also inconsistent, barely works.

So If I walk out, and I don't lock it, it wont automatically lock itself after like 2-3 minutes?
Sponsored

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag

So If I walk out, and I don't lock it, it wont automatically lock itself after like 2-3 minutes?
The button on my fob and button on the door handles work every time.

If you turn the car off, close the door, and walk away.... The door does not lock itself.

You have to either lock with key fob, press door handle or the close and lock button in the boot /trunk

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The button on my fob and button on the door handles work every time.

If you turn the car off, close the door, and walk away.... The door does not lock itself.

You have to either lock with key fob, press door handle or the close and lock button in the boot /trunk
thank you.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Based on my 2022 and the accounts of others in various threads, I'd have to say the Taycan is getting more buggy as the years go on, not less. I hope they have some major update come out soon that will fix a lot of the stuff wrong.

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on my 2022 and the accounts of others in various threads, I'd have to say the Taycan is getting more buggy as the years go on, not less. I hope they have some major update come out soon that will fix a lot of the stuff wrong.
Def. the whole process of me getting it, setting it up, etc sucked.
Had to reset it twice, because either app would not work, or the PCM would not connect to my phone, etc.

It was pain, and I am a techie.

Then, the whole charging schedule settings also took me so long to figure out. With the Tesla it was soooooo simple. But whatever... now I'm getting better. Car is amazing, love it. Software lacks quality though...

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It took me a while to learn the technique. 1) Fob not in same pocket as cellphone 2) Hold finger steady (don’t rub or move around) on the indent for up to 2s. 99%+ success doing it this way. My Boxster is way less finicky.

Also, dunno if you have the powered charge port cover; attempting to operate that via the “fin” is another exercise in frustration.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thank you.
The car will only auto lock if you unlock with the fob or approach the car (Comfort option) and then decide not to open any door trunk or frunk. The car will then lock after 45 secs (or so). Note that if you do this the door mirrors (if powered folding) won't retract leading you to believe that the car is unlocked when it isn't.

Doors also auto lock when on the move (if enabled).

rjdoc74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Tesla MX P100D
Country flag
@jenzfc Curious if you had a resolution of key fob issue through the dealer? My 2023 CT is having terrible "key not detected" issues with both fobs.

OP
OP
jenzfc

jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@jenzfc Curious if you had a resolution of key fob issue through the dealer? My 2023 CT is having terrible "key not detected" issues with both fobs.
The issue was that the key fob was in the same pocket as my phone, as soon as I stopped doing that, the problem disappeared
Sponsored