JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
LCA is gone. I can brighten and dim the LCA mirror lights but it's not detecting traffic and the icon has vanished from the dash. There is no fault code appearing. This one is annoying as it is used all the time.

I have forgotten, can someone tell me if it is turned on all the time, or if there is a menu box to tick or toggle to turn it on and off?

So I have two things not working, this one and speed limits for Range mode.
Sponsored

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
LCA is gone. I can brighten and dim the LCA mirror lights but it's not detecting traffic and the icon has vanished from the dash. There is no fault code appearing. This one is annoying as it is used all the time.

I have forgotten, can someone tell me if it is turned on all the time, or if there is a menu box to tick or toggle to turn it on and off?

A similar thread here. Check it out.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/lane-assist-vanished.3371/

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, that does not bring up any options related to Lange Change Assist (LCA). All Tube 1 shows is Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Cruise Control and Speed Limiter. No LCA.

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag

The FM radio stopped working two days ago - the icon wasn't even listed under "media". I reset the PCM to factory settings, which rebooted and fixed the problem. I only had to reestablish homelink and the extra buttons, plus log in again. Simple, and it solved the issue.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I thought there was a button on the door for this by the window mirror adjustment switches?
Edit: nvm maybe that was only on my Macan
Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone 1619420705745

Last edited:

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same problem on mine, when updated to WMA5 the steering wheel icon never shows up. Yes I have unchecked/rechecked all applicable parameters. I sent this to Porsche and my dealer. No update from either yet.

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone 1619192687034

By the way, does anyone understand their odd logic about ALV + ALK that it does NOT do "
Steering intervention to prevent lane departure (lane edge guidance)"??? Seems like a design or documentation flaw. Frankly after WMA5 all these features work much worse.

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone 1619192883369

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
James, showing you my config.

1) Go to Vehicle icon; Assist tab and you can see from the check boxes that mine is set and working.

2) To adjust brightness, go to Home icon; Settings; Assistance Systems; Lane Change Assist and you can adjust accordingly (I keep mine on high which is optimal for me as it pings my peripheral).

Not sure this is the fix for you, but thought I'd share.

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone IMG_1132

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone IMG_1136

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone IMG_1137

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone IMG_1138

Porsche Taycan Lane Change Assist is gone IMG_1141

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@JD4S you got it right. My bad. The basic assist got unticked and the assistance options disappeared.

Yes, apparently I am related to the guy who put the tires on Bill Nye's Taycan. Me and Homer! Doh.