LCA (Lane Change Assist) may not work properly.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
In the last 2 weeks, I got three times in a situation where LCA did not warn me if any car was in my mirror blind spot.

I always look before turning but the orange light should have warned me, and I was surprised to see a car there. Have you noticed the same problem? This is a recent issue. Did you get it calibrated or is it a random failure?

Thank you
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In 24,000 miles never had a problem.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Have you had any repairs done to your car that may have required the rear bumper to be removed? If the bumper is removed the LCA sensors have to be realigned.

OP
OP

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
It is on as it works most of the time, I just made the warning orange light brighter to make sure i'm not missing it.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I was in for an unrelated issue at the dealership the other day and was told I was getting an update of the cameras that support the ALK feature. Not sure if it's related to the problem you experienced but probably worth inquiring. Sorry I don't have a record of what update version # was being applied.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Last night I was driving late (~3am) and realized that LCA completely missed a semi truck I passed! The lights never lit up even once. They did light up for cars I was passing. Will have to try with different trucks. Maybe I was too far from it (it was in the adjacent lane for sure, as there were only 2 lanes). Taycan less than 2 months old. No repairs ever done on it, no service except for PDI before delivery. LCA on.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Yes!! I had this happen two weeks ago. It was so bizarre. So I never actually look over my shoulder, I just use the blind spot monitor and lane keep assist is always on. I blinkered to get over, no alert on my mirror, went to change lanes and there was a car there. My car actually pushed me back into my lane, very aggressively. And then I saw the car fly by me. I was thankful the car saved me but pissed that the blind spot monitoring didn’t alert me. I thought maybe the approaching car was traveling at too fast a speed or did a lane change at the same time I went to, but this has me thinking it just failed to alert me.
Sponsored