Lane Keep Assist Performance After the Big Update

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone noticed better lane keep assist performance? I drive the I90 to Bellevue in WA daily and know exactly where the Taycan would leave lanes at 80mph when active lane keep assist was on.

After the update, it stays rock solid between the lines. I looked at the software update details, and the lane keep assist system was updated. No additional information, just a tiny bullet point mentioning it.

But in short, it is much more reliable.
Sponsored

Deleted member 7736

Thanks - I'll have to give it another try. The few times I tried it initially, I wasn't impressed. It felt like it was weaving from side to side vs. tracking in the center of the lane. I love the ACC but even on a straight stretch of highway the active lane keep assist just annoyed me.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
That's encouraging, if true. I assume you are talking specifically about Active Lane Keeping (ALK) and not Lane Keep Assist (LKA). The former actually steers for you while the latter only comes into effect if you are drifting while driving manually.

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The update is nice but does nothing to improve LKA for me. Lane marker identification remains highly inconsistent. Recognition (green lane mark in the display) goes on and off while driving on a road where I can clearly see the lane markings. Car still over reacts when trying to stay centered.

As a result, I have LKA turned off. I note that LKA in my 2017 Toyota works perfectly.

OP
OP
Mwa3aan

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's encouraging, if true. I assume you are talking specifically about Active Lane Keeping (ALK) and not Lane Keep Assist (LKA). The former actually steers for you while the latter only comes into effect if you are drifting while driving manually.
Good question. Yes, ALK.

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
After the update my ALK is not better then before. On a straight line it still bounces between the lines and doesn’t drive as good as should be expected. In the corners ALK performs better than in a straight line. I’m in the third month of the free period, but I’m not going to buy it.

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
After the update my ALK is not better then before. On a straight line it still bounces between the lines and doesn’t drive as good as should be expected. In the corners ALK performs better than in a straight line. I’m in the third month of the free period, but I’m not going to buy it.
I got it first thing after being offered FODand actually bought without trial as I really wanted from previously enjoying it on my Volvo XC90 T8. Was working fairly ok and making longer trips on highways more relaxed. Haven't noticed any improvements after the upDate. However, I lost the indication on the display to the left of the set set speed. This was very annoying and the same thing happened after my last OTA update roughly a month ago. Took me quite a while to figure out how to get it back. Actually, it was as simple as turning the feature off and on again.....

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Has anyone noticed better lane keep assist performance? I drive the I90 to Bellevue in WA daily and know exactly where the Taycan would leave lanes at 80mph when active lane keep assist was on.

After the update, it stays rock solid between the lines. I looked at the software update details, and the lane keep assist system was updated. No additional information, just a tiny bullet point mentioning it.

But in short, it is much more reliable.
I agree had the same experience after uPdate yesterday and driving to Jersey shore the lane keep assist actually worked- wasn’t working at all before on my MY22 Taycan GRS
Sponsored