LCA not working - service required

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Not sure if this was in response to my question? I was asking if the method for avoiding the configuration alert was known? 12v battery disconnect? Taycan just powered off?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure if this was in response to my question? I was asking if the method for avoiding the configuration alert was known? 12v battery disconnect? Taycan just powered off?
Sorry - was in response to an earlier query hence why I didn't quote your question.

Only way to avoid is to not take the mirrors off when wrapping. If you do then you need to have access to the tooling ( PIWIS ) mentioned to reset. Likely only an authorised Porsche dealer will have this equipment.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry - was in response to an earlier query hence why I didn't quote your question.

Only way to avoid is to not take the mirrors off when wrapping. If you do then you need to have access to the tooling ( PIWIS ) mentioned to reset. Likely only an authorised Porsche dealer will have this equipment.
I reached out to my dealership, they said that disconnecting the battery MIGHT avoid the issue. Will try it and report back. Thank you for the follow up!

Bgee

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had the same problem when I had my car wrapped with PPF. Took it to the dealer. Cost to recalibrate the sensors in the mirror - US$825! The really made the PPF expensive.

JJPM

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan and 992
Country flag
I reached out to my dealership, they said that disconnecting the battery MIGHT avoid the issue. Will try it and report back. Thank you for the follow up!
Hi, just wanted to follow up. Did it work by disconnecting the 12v battery

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has this as well. Actually after I wrapped mine as well.
Went to Porsche and they fixed it immediately, no problems.
If your PPF installer took the mirrors off to install the film, then it'll need to be Re-calibrated by the dealer. You can tell whether they took the mirrors off by checking the film around the mirror, if you see a cut, then they didn't. If there is no cut, then the only way to get the film on is by removing the mirrors.

Costs about 1000 dollars.

Don't tell the dealer you did ppf and see if they can figure it out lol

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, just wanted to follow up. Did it work by disconnecting the 12v battery
No it did not; and wondering if I’m about to have the same issue with my Cayenne TGT :(

JJPM

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan and 992
Country flag
If your PPF installer took the mirrors off to install the film, then it'll need to be Re-calibrated by the dealer. You can tell whether they took the mirrors off by checking the film around the mirror, if you see a cut, then they didn't. If there is no cut, then the only way to get the film on is by removing the mirrors.

Costs about 1000 dollars.

Don't tell the dealer you did ppf and see if they can figure it out lol
My PPF installer did remove the side mirrors...

Please don't tell me it costs about $1000 for dealer resetting LCA?

Last edited: