PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do agree, it might be strong, but the whole tech thing is overrated. The only thing that really matters is the battery. With Porsche it’s modular so I think it will hold value better than other ev brands.
I think the value on the Taycan will hold up much better than, say, a Panamera. Not quite as well as a 911, few things do, but it should be just fine. Porsche leasing has it at 48% after 3 years, which is awfully pessimistic IMHO.

Even a Tesla actually holds decent residual value and the Taycan is built on a sufficient platform. I know people expect big leaps in EV technology but we're probably 8-10 years off from any real leaps forward being seen in production cars. 250-300ish miles of actual range with 150-350 kw charging is going to be the benchmark for a while.
Sponsored

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
My Panamera lost 12k a year basically which Porsche said is about the norm.

Obviously 911’s generally hold the best money in the range but Panamera’s are not the worst either. I’d anticipate the Taycan to be similar based on conversations with the dealer and the GFV offered compared to my last Panamera

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I got it from HSBC corporate banking so it must be ball park, I mentioned I was looking to buy a car and I paid my 10% deposit in cash and he suggested the full 90% on HP at a rate of 2% when I said I was just paying cash - no brainer and cheap money really. The dealer did suggest finance packages to me when I ordered it but I politely declined without bothering to even ask him for rates. As they are obviously going to be rubbish % (hate to think what silly rates Porsche offer customers and don't even know) and told him to stick to selling cars and if I want funds/finance I would go to a bank not a flippin car dealer (unless they offer silly 0% deals, which they only do on crap cars they can't shift) lol
Im with HSBC - seems like a good option if it’s 2%. Will call them tomorrow.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s cheap if the car does not depreciate like a brick. If it does PCP saves the day!
Depends on the GFV. I was quoted today 6.9% and a GFV of £58,000 after 3 years on a 4S. Doesn’t stack up.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Depends on the GFV. I was quoted today 6.9% and a GFV of £58,000 after 3 years on a 4S. Doesn’t stack up.
Plus 1 on that pal. PCP is just smoke & mirrors. What it does is make cars affordable and easy to purchase. But over the term your paying. Whatever way you buy cars 99% of the time your going to loose money. But we all know that. I try not to think about it.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow those numbers are way off mine! For starters my apr was 5.8%

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow those numbers are way off mine! For starters my apr was 5.8%
Yep - I laughed when he gave me the numbers. Must think people were born yesterday. He seemed to think it was a good deal...

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Im with HSBC - seems like a good option if it’s 2%. Will call them tomorrow.
Spoke to my corporate manager this morning - pretty clueless - doesn't know of any products that are close to the 2% rate...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Just spoke to Lloyd’s Asset Finance. 2.19%, told the guy to drop the £290 fee & see if he can shave off a bit on the interest rate and we could/maybe have a deal. Seems so cheap already. No brainer if through a business especially with the capital allowance & being able to charge at home and claim mileage!

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Just spoke to Lloyd’s Asset Finance. 2.19%, told the guy to drop the £290 fee & see if he can shave off a bit on the interest rate and we could/maybe have a deal. Seems so cheap already. No brainer if through a business especially with the capital allowance & being able to charge at home and claim mileage!
Is that for a company HP deal paying off the entire car over the period @Gogs ? Much of a deposit required? Cheers
Sponsored