Lease vs Buy

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Just spoke to Lloyd’s Asset Finance. 2.19%, told the guy to drop the £290 fee & see if he can shave off a bit on the interest rate and we could/maybe have a deal. Seems so cheap already. No brainer if through a business especially with the capital allowance & being able to charge at home and claim mileage!
Do you have the details of the person you spoke to? Doesn't seem to be a number on their website.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Is that for a company HP deal paying off the entire car over the period @Gogs ? Much of a deposit required? Cheers
I think the deposit only needs to be 5%. I'm thinking to pay off a big lump and only borrow £70k, spread it over 5 years, total payback is only £77k. Basically Interest is 7K over 5 years, or £1400 per year. At the end the company would own it. Might be worth £35k maybe? So the true cost to run the car via this method is about £950 a month, after capital allowances are claimed back etc.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the deposit only needs to be 5%. I'm thinking to pay off a big lump and only borrow £70k, spread it over 5 years, total payback is only £77k. Basically Interest is 7K over 5 years, or £1400 per year. At the end the company would own it. Might be worth £35k maybe? So the true cost to run the car via this method is about £950 a month, after capital allowances are claimed back etc.
Sounds like a good deal.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone else that is interested - Metro Bank are offering 2.11% with £150 fee. Got to be the way to fund if buying via company at these sorts of rates (unless the GFV via dealer is out of this world).

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
How did everyone get on with the banks?

I see Porsche has put up the APR and reduced the GFV....

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My final deal after some easy negotiation is 1.91% with a £250 acceptance fee & £80 purchase fee. Just a tad better than Porsche's rates!!

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what benefit are you getting from doing this? can you please share your thoughts
Not having to lay out all the cash in one hit. Money can be used in other ways to get a greater return than that being charged?

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
My £3.5k government grant was registered with the car as being financed through Porsche (in my company’s name). Does anyone know if I can change to Lloyd’s or Metro but keep the grant?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My £3.5k government grant was registered with the car as being financed through Porsche (in my company’s name). Does anyone know if I can change to Lloyd’s or Metro but keep the grant?
That should not make any difference in my opinion. Is the dealer saying it does? Sounds incorect to me.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Shouldn’t make a difference.

Your car should be discounted by Porsche by £3500 as Porsche will claim
the grant back

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can highly recommend Metro. Simple to deal with, direct contact, no paperwork and all approved in 24 hours. 2.11% with £150 fee. Can be over whatever term you want. Lloyds were unfortunately much more difficult to deal with even though they had a better rate.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Can highly recommend Metro. Simple to deal with, direct contact, no paperwork and all approved in 24 hours. 2.11% with £150 fee. Can be over whatever term you want. Lloyds were unfortunately much more difficult to deal with even though they had a better rate.
If the car value is more than £125k Lloyd’s want quite a bit of info, below that I think it’s straight forward
Sponsored