OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Sounds good! I am impartial to the HF5, will be chatting with the wheel shop from time to time to see what's new. Look forward to seeing your picture/post in the coming months. I think I will be posting plenty to share back to the forum once mine arrive too; I have chalk exterior & red interior
I'm very excited for that red interior ☺
Sponsored

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Sounds good! I am impartial to the HF5, will be chatting with the wheel shop from time to time to see what's new. Look forward to seeing your picture/post in the coming months. I think I will be posting plenty to share back to the forum once mine arrive too; I have chalk exterior & red interior
Rob & zzy45,
It looks like we are starting to get allocations in Canada. I got mine this week (GTS Turismo) too but I'm on the west coast. I read in another post that the VLC sunroof wouldn't be coming to Canada until September builds. Did you guys hear this too and was this something you were considering?

Lastly, are you guys planning on buying or leasing? Being my first Porsche I was a bit surprised when they estimated 80% lease.

Thanks

Last edited:

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Rob & zzy45,
It looks like we are starting to get allocations in Canada. I got mine this week (GTS Turismo) too but I'm on the west coast. I read in another post that the VLC sunroof wouldn't be coming to Canada until September builds. Did you guys hear this too and was this something you were considering?

Lastly, are you guys planning on buying or leasing? Being my first Porsche I was a bit surprised when they estimated 80% lease.

Thanks
Hi Gord, congrats.

I am staying with the steel roof as that’s what I prefer. Therefore I have no info on the new sun roof.

I am financing it through company due to the EV tax benefit.

Cheers.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rob & zzy45,

Thanks
Congratz on locking in! I was waiting for the sunroof but my dealer told me Q3 at the earliest for the VLC option. I posted those details in the other thread. I wanted my car sooner and wasn't looking to spend $5k+ on the sunroof.

I'm doing a single pay lease - don't like car payments. Will decide on buying out or returning/selling at the end of the term. It's my first Porsche too so will see what options I like/use/need and then will buy my next one. I think I got a 47% residual but was told that at maturity they appraise the car and give me market value. If market is above my residual, they will put that towards my next car. ?

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Hi Gord, congrats.

I am staying with the steel roof as that’s what I prefer. Therefore I have no info on the new sun roof.

I am financing it through company due to the EV tax benefit.

Cheers.
Is this a Ontario tax credit? As far as I know BC’s EV tax credit sets a price limit and Taycan would significantly exceed this amount.

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Congratz on locking in! I was waiting for the sunroof but my dealer told me Q3 at the earliest for the VLC option. I posted those details in the other thread. I wanted my car sooner and wasn't looking to spend $5k+ on the sunroof.

I'm doing a single pay lease - don't like car payments. Will decide on buying out or returning/selling at the end of the term. It's my first Porsche too so will see what options I like/use/need and then will buy my next one. I think I got a 47% residual but was told that at maturity they appraise the car and give me market value. If market is above my residual, they will put that towards my next car. ?
that’s must have been your comment that I read on the other post. My dealer still wasn’t certain about the ETA for the VLC roof and I agree I am apprehensive for what they are charging.

with regards to the lease, I agree I don’t like payments either. Did you get a better lease rate for doing a single pay? I’ve been quoted 5.99% for a standard rate.
Thx

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that’s must have been your comment that I read on the other post. My dealer still wasn’t certain about the ETA for the VLC roof and I agree I am apprehensive for what they are charging.

with regards to the lease, I agree I don’t like payments either. Did you get a better lease rate for doing a single pay? I’ve been quoted 5.99% for a standard rate.
Thx
Yeah my dealer must have reached out to Porsche Canada to get some clarity because of my allocation. As cool as the VLC roof looks, I feel like I'd use it once and never again. My SQ5 has a large Pano roof and I never close the sunshade, I like the light coming in. VLC would be a party trick for me.

I got the same 5.99 rate ?
Sponsored