Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Sounds almost exactly like the problem that I and a number of other members on this formum have had. You probably have a few bad cells and dropping the charge to below 20% and then recharging was what they told me to do to trigger the error code. I think you’ve done all the right things and your dealer will need to bring in a specialty technician to look at the battery and replace the cell modules or potentially the entire battery.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Quick update, I drove the car last night and to go 40 miles brought the car from 75% to 19% I charged it overnight and came out this morning to an error "Electrical system error" Park vehicle in a safe place. and the car wont go into drive. I'm waiting on the dealer to get back to me to figure out the next steps.
Nightmare (sorry)!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Quick update, I drove the car last night and to go 40 miles brought the car from 75% to 19% I charged it overnight and came out this morning to an error "Electrical system error" Park vehicle in a safe place. and the car wont go into drive. I'm waiting on the dealer to get back to me to figure out the next steps.
That sounds like some failed modules and perhaps a faulty HV Battery controller. This is exactly the way my car broke down.. Hope you get this fixed quickly

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Unfortunately that seems to be the only way to trigger the codes. Hope it gets worked out fast for you.

OP
OP

jboardman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Car has been at the dealer since Wednesday they tell me they will know what's wrong on Monday, They have no loaners cars available so I dont even have a car right now.

I'm probably going to sell it after this, to have a complete failure at 16k miles is just not okay. My Tesla model S went 80k miles before I sold it to a friend and he has over 130k on it with zero issues.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Car has been at the dealer since Wednesday they tell me they will know what's wrong on Monday, They have no loaners cars available so I dont even have a car right now.

I'm probably going to sell it after this, to have a complete failure at 16k miles is just not okay. My Tesla model S went 80k miles before I sold it to a friend and he has over 130k on it with zero issues.
Yes I can understand this, we almost sold ours after our ordeal. Problem is I really do enjoy the car and was able to talk my wife down. Unfortunately the occurrence rate of this seems to be relatively high for full failures. I believe the number is still low in the grand scheme of things but higher than it should be. Wonder what the actual occurrence rate is compared to the 991.1 GT3 engine failures. There are two other huge problems with this for me and that’s repair costs and the only service option is the dealer. Under warranty it doesn’t matter but outside of battery warranty this becomes a huge problem.

OP
OP

jboardman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update - getting a loaner tomorrow and they will finally start working on my car, the expect it to take at least 2 weeks.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
found out today car has 3 battery modules that need to be replaced. I still don't have a loaner or and ETA on when this will be completed.
Your indications were exactly the same as I experienced, apart from that my car completely stopped with the red failure, just before a long road trip.

Seems a lot of the 2020 cars have this issue, with a few of the modules breaking down.

In Sweden they have or`bandied it so that there are only one or two centres in the country, that can do the repair. The same here in France.

My repair was done in two weeks including all necessary tests and pressure tests etc.

Good luck!

OP
OP

jboardman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went to the dealer today to pick up the loaner and they had just finished a 2020 and have THREE others in front of me all with pack failures. The dealer said they have only seen it with 2020s but its a long process per car so Im looking at 3 weeks minimum to get my car back.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I went to the dealer today to pick up the loaner and they had just finished a 2020 and have THREE others in front of me all with pack failures. The dealer said they have only seen it with 2020s but its a long process per car so Im looking at 3 weeks minimum to get my car back.
Bummer - I feel for you since I had the same problem. One semi-bright spot is you should ask the dealer for the opportunity to speak to the battery technician that they are probably flying in to take care of the modules. I found it very informative, and these guys (only 11 in the country at the time of my repair 6 mo. ago) really know their stuff.

OP
OP

jboardman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bummer - I feel for you since I had the same problem. One semi-bright spot is you should ask the dealer for the opportunity to speak to the battery technician that they are probably flying in to take care of the modules. I found it very informative, and these guys (only 11 in the country at the time of my repair 6 mo. ago) really know their stuff.
they have one on staff in Sarasota FL, there is a high concentration of Taycans in the area. They did bring me in shop to see the process that another car was going through.
Sponsored