diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi Forum, I ordered my RWD with 21"s and air suspension.

currently own a RangeR sport which seats on 24"s and i went with lowering links and works flawless without compromising anything on handling nor comfort.

What are your thoughts about doing lowering links to a Taycan to improve its looks.

Maybe im crazy but, lets hear it!
Sponsored

Deleted member 7736

Even in normal mode it's tricky to get over speedbumps and in/out of driveways without dragging the front chin spoiler. In sport or sport plus mode... forget about it. I can't imagine trying to drive the car around town lower than normal mode without eventually destroying the chin spoiler.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Even in normal mode it's tricky to get over speedbumps and in/out of driveways without dragging the front chin spoiler. In sport or sport plus mode... forget about it. I can't imagine trying to drive the car around town lower than normal mode without eventually destroying the chin spoiler.
Smart lift is a nice feature. I use it - love it. Always drive in lowest setting.

Deleted member 7736

Smart lift is definitely nice, but the delay in waiting for it to raise up can get annoying at times (and annoy those around you if you have to come to a stop entering a driveway while you wait for your car to raise up). But that's just me. I drive around town in normal mode, and then drop it to sport or sport plus on the highway. For the really bad places where I'll still drag even in normal mode, I'll use smart lift and have the car remember those locations.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I lowered mine 10mm (home made), no problem.
interested. Have you been to Belgium with your taycan yet?
You know what I mean, I want to know if it’s possible without missing a lot of comfort.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Can you share more info and pics of the car on the multiple modes? Im sure you have them. 😎

how do you make homemade lowering links?
I made them from 10mm gas strut ends and some thread rods.
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? Screenshot_20220908-202846

Here's the table for adjustments (lower one):
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? IMG_20200927_195129194~3

The links (right are original ones, left home made):
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? IMG_20201014_131151646

On the car:
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? IMG_20200712_191351648_HDR~2

Last edited:

taycanlovers

Banned
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i lowered my tacan with OBDAPP. just simple to adjust the height as you wish, show mode to completley bleed the dampers and always possbile to go back to factory heights. no need to add or change any hardware stuff:

they also have this for e-tron SUV and e-tron GT, looks pretty nice!

taycanlovers

Banned
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How does it work?
the lowering function gives you possiblity to change each wheel heights as you want. so if you want to get it -20mm lower, you just have to define this while lowering process is completly automated there.

show modus just bleeds the dampers completly so the taycan is then as low as possible, but its not for drive then, you can set back to factory as well.

see the screenshot below, or just take a look at the shop there. you just need the obdapp interface and function for taycan lowering.
Porsche Taycan Lowering links? luftbalg-show-modus-werkszustand-perfekte-optik_12

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
the lowering function gives you possiblity to change each wheel heights as you want. so if you want to get it -20mm lower, you just have to define this while lowering process is completly automated there.

show modus just bleeds the dampers completly so the taycan is then as low as possible, but its not for drive then, you can set back to factory as well.

see the screenshot below, or just take a look at the shop there. you just need the obdapp interface and function for taycan lowering.
luftbalg-show-modus-werkszustand-perfekte-optik_12.jpg
WOW! is it easy to do? just the app? how does the phone connect to the car to do changes? besides the app what else is needed? hardware? cable?