W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Heating kills range like nothing else, even more than aircon. On a 14 mile journey, heated steering wheel on, seats on at max and temperature set at 22 I lose 26 miles range. Outside temperature 2 Celsius.
AC heating (HV heater) is the killer - Porsche recommends to use seat heating + wheel heating over AC heating. Try using ECO mode (that will add back a few miles, reduce usage of the AC compressor and still provide demisting (more or less)), Range mode (then set the suspension height to a more appropriate setting than lowered) to disable the front motor (more or less).
Sponsored

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
That is really impressive and way beyond what my battery reads at the same SOC.

Still cold up North!
To follow on from previous posts my battery % 40 and range 88 was the result of the guessometer after a real cruise.
I was heading to an Ionity and the car worked out I had enough range in RANGE but not in NORMAL

It was a cold morning and I was not plugged in so only did the 5 mins unlock preheat. I was in warm clothes and thick socks and a beanie!

I kept trying to put on the heater in ECO for a bit of heat but it kept flipping back to ECO PLUS
when % at destination (Ionity) dropped below 5%. I could tell the difference but I had the seat heat on 2 bar +2 back rest and the wheel on and I was 100% comfortable because of clothing and it made the difference between getting to Ionity which I knew was quiet and was the perfect distance/location and 30p per KW and faffing around somewhere else for 70p per slower KW.

Its worth being prepared for ECO PLUS stealth mode when its going to make life much easier.

Incidentally I forgot my Porsche charging card and enabled 'Plug and Charge' which worked perfectly. The first time I have ever used it. If it hadn't worked I would have had to pay full rate with CCard so felt like a bit of a bonus.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
To follow on from previous posts my battery % 40 and range 88 was the result of the guessometer after a real cruise.
I was heading to an Ionity and the car worked out I had enough range in RANGE but not in NORMAL

It was a cold morning and I was not plugged in so only did the 5 mins unlock preheat. I was in warm clothes and thick socks and a beanie!

I kept trying to put on the heater in ECO for a bit of heat but it kept flipping back to ECO PLUS
when % at destination (Ionity) dropped below 5%. I could tell the difference but I had the seat heat on 2 bar +2 back rest and the wheel on and I was 100% comfortable because of clothing and it made the difference between getting to Ionity which I knew was quiet and was the perfect distance/location and 30p per KW and faffing around somewhere else for 70p per slower KW.

Its worth being prepared for ECO PLUS stealth mode when its going to make life much easier.

Incidentally I forgot my Porsche charging card and enabled 'Plug and Charge' which worked perfectly. The first time I have ever used it. If it hadn't worked I would have had to pay full rate with CCard so felt like a bit of a bonus.
ECO Plus won't attempt to dry the air and so misting is a near certainty (and therefore a tad dangerous) - been there done that on a 2% SOC with 2 miles to get home (not the most stressless experience I've had).

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
ECO Plus won't attempt to dry the air and so misting is a near certainty (and therefore a tad dangerous) - been there done that on a 2% SOC with 2 miles to get home (not the most stress less experience I've had).
I am old enough to have driven lots of cars without A/C that never had drying air benefit.
The problem with ECO PLUS over ECO is the lack of warming which increases misting.
The compressor always stays off when I am hypermiling!

Cold day, zero precipitation, low humidity, traveling solo, zero misting.

Dry, (UK), mild, summer days also of course not a problem.

I agree you might have to override ECO PLUS and
even have a bit of A/C(😱) if 2 or even 4 up on a damp UK 12 degree day.

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
I get around 190 miles range from 100% battery. I drive it like a lunatic as much as possible. It pretty much lives in Sport Plus mode (even when in Individual). I've only ever used "Range" mode once, by accident and I have the seat and steering wheel heaters on with abandon!

It costs me £6.50 to charge it from around 20odd% to 100% and I do that once a week.

I'm using it as Porsche designed! :cool:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I am old enough to have driven lots of cars without A/C that never had drying air benefit.
The problem with ECO PLUS over ECO is the lack of warming which increases misting.
The compressor always stays off when I am hypermiling!

Cold day, zero precipitation, low humidity, traveling solo, zero misting.

Dry, (UK), mild, summer days also of course not a problem.

I agree you might have to override ECO PLUS and
even have a bit of A/C(😱) if 2 or even 4 up on a damp UK 12 degree day.
Compressor can't ever be 100% off unless AC is OFF, but of little value for sure.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I get around 190 miles range from 100% battery. I drive it like a lunatic as much as possible. It pretty much lives in Sport Plus mode (even when in Individual). I've only ever used "Range" mode once, by accident and I have the seat and steering wheel heaters on with abandon!

It costs me £6.50 to charge it from around 20odd% to 100% and I do that once a week.

I'm using it as Porsche designed! :cool:
So I guess the new (longer range) Taycan (as designed) will be of little interest to you then ;)

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
So I guess the new (longer range) Taycan (as designed) will be of little interest to you then ;)
Could not care less. If I wanted range, I wouldn't have bought a Taycan and the range that I'm getting is fine for my needs. It replaced an M5 so economy has never been my concern.
Sponsored