Making CT cabin storage user friendly

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
It did not take long for the cupholders to be overrun with stuff (leaving no space for drinks) since they were the most convenient place to store things. I decided to make the existing storage areas more useable by adding a few accessories. Here's a recap of what I did.

1) Replaced front passenger side grab handle with Sun glasses case. One less item in cup holder.
2) Install visor sleeves on both Sun visors. A place to store parking placard and other small items.
3) Install ProClip phone mount with Magsafe charger. This gets our second phone out of the cup holder.
4) Use 8" by 4" by 1.5" pencil pouch and 13" long microphone case to store items in the glove compartment.
5) Use a small low profile camera case to store USB cables in the tray in front of the rear seats.
6) Use a small camera case to store items in the tray in front of the center console screen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fgwinn

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sun Visor Sleeves from visorsleeves.com. Sleeves in picture are the extra small 9" by 4" sleeves. These are a very tight fit. But the next size is too biig.

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly VisorSleeveUp.JPG

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly VisorSleeveDown.JPG

OP
OP
fgwinn

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting anything out of the glove compartment while seated in the passenger seat is very difficult since you can not see anything in the open glove box. Using the pencil pouch and microphone pouch to store items allows the entire pouch to be removed where you can then see what is inside.

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly MicrophonePouchAndPencilCase.JPG

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly MicrophonePouch.JPG

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly OpenGloveBox.JPG

OP
OP
fgwinn

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Small camera case to store USB cables in rear seat tray

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly RearSeatStorageCompartment.JPG

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly ClosedCableCase.JPG

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly OpenCableCase.JPG

OP
OP
fgwinn

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's the somewhat taller case that I am using in the tray below the center console screen. I hope to replace it with something that is a little longer. The cell phone mount is also visible in the first photo.

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly ClosedCardCase.JPG

Last edited:

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don’t know if the Taycan has the feature or not but in my existing cayenne and the one I had before that, under the thigh pad of the two front seats there is a compartment that sunglasses fit quite well into

gelkad

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo, 992 Turbo S
Country flag
Here's the Sun glasses case.
SunGlassesCase.png
I did see your previous post and I got to know its a Volvo case,Can you please provide the part number or /for what Volvo model and what year?

Thank you in advance for your help
Regards

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here's the Sun glasses case.
I put my sunglasses in the driver's door pocket which works for me - here is another idea for your list for those of use a wee bit short sighted :)

These ThinOptics glasses are great and perfect for more intense PCM sessions! They have a sticky back option usually for rear of phones but works perfectly for back of sun visor - fatory-like fit :):

Porsche Taycan Making CT cabin storage user friendly IMG_4721

OP
OP
fgwinn

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did see your previous post and I got to know its a Volvo case,Can you please provide the part number or /for what Volvo model and what year?

Thank you in advance for your help
Regards
Although I did order the Volvo case, I did not use it for two reasons. It requires replacing the hinges in order to work with the Taycan. And it was too narrow to work with my wife's oversized glasses.

I ended up using a case made in China intended for Lexus vehicles. While not quite the same quality as the Volvo case made in France, it is mostly out of sight and out of mind once installed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQJD368?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The quality of the Volvo case (PN 31403479) is somewhat better but it should be for four times the price. If you order the Volvo case, you should also order the Lexus case to get the hinges rather than destroying the grab handle to harvest its hinges.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YRI22KC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

gelkad

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3 Touring, Taycan Turbo, 992 Turbo S
Country flag
Although I did order the Volvo case, I did not use it for two reasons. It requires replacing the hinges in order to work with the Taycan. And it was too narrow to work with my wife's oversized glasses.

I ended up using a case made in China intended for Lexus vehicles. While not quite the same quality as the Volvo case made in France, it is mostly out of sight and out of mind once installed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQJD368?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The quality of the Volvo case (PN 31403479) is somewhat better but it should be for four times the price. If you order the Volvo case, you should also order the Lexus case to get the hinges rather than destroying the grab handle to harvest its hinges.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YRI22KC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Thank you much for your prompt reply.
Sponsored