diononiz

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cab. 2019 BMW X5 4.0i
Country flag
Just received my Taycan turbo and was searching for wheels/tires to replace the OEM Aero wheels and all season Continental tires.

I came accross these on Ebay and was wondering if anyone has purchased them.

The seller said the fronts weigh 30.5 lb and the rears are 32lb. He also insists they are forged. Please see link below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1658809618...L2xtizTv0cOYGx+FrItsTU2g==|tkp:Bk9SR46l_NPQYQ

Any guidance would be much appreciated
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I am not sure why you would spend that much money on a car then risk buying wheels off eBay. If I wanted to change my wheels on a car worth that much I would buy genuine Porsche wheels. By the time you add tyres I suspect you aren’t saving that much compared to the value of the car

OP
OP

diononiz

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cab. 2019 BMW X5 4.0i
Country flag
I am not sure why you would spend that much money on a car then risk buying wheels off eBay. If I wanted to change my wheels on a car worth that much I would buy genuine Porsche wheels. By the time you add tyres I suspect you aren’t saving that much compared to the value of the car
My understanding is these wheels are lighter and since they are forged should be just as strong as OEM. Your point about purchasing from EBay is valid though and that is why I am trying to see if anyone else has experience with these. My gut is to get them from Suncoast or other Porsche parts store.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
Tip about wheels - buy only an OEM wheel from a genuine supplier or an aftermarket wheel from a reputable brand.

Never buy replica OEM from an aftermarket brand. The sort of company which is willing to rip off someone else’s design is unlikely to be the company who ensures the highest quality standards.

Hatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sport Turismo
I bought these, made in Italy. ”Looks and feels ok.

Where should I start looking for any problems? (Or will they just crack when I start using launch control?)

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels from Ebay? EC8D361B-743B-4441-BE2D-704E9E4D9E7C

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels from Ebay? 2B9C835B-DE2E-47F4-844F-E5148EFF183E

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I would not put aftermarket on a 200k€ car, even if decent quality. It just breaks the design concept.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My understanding is these wheels are lighter and since they are forged should be just as strong as OEM. Your point about purchasing from EBay is valid though and that is why I am trying to see if anyone else has experience with these. My gut is to get them from Suncoast or other Porsche parts store.
Porsche wheels are forged, so if these are lighter and made by who-knows-who? they will not be stronger.
There are some excellent after market wheel manufacturers around actually so buying on ebay isn't necessary but,personally, I would pay for genuine Porsche wheels.

My guess is the only reason PSCB brakes are required when ordering is the cosmetics, with such an open wheel design the standard brakes look small - even though functionally they are fine.

If I wanted Mission E wheels I'd buy the real thing, personally.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got 21'' aftermarket for my "soon to be" taycan.

- I didn't like any of the configurator options except the Misson E wheels but didn't like the price since it forces you to go with the upgraded brakes (totally overkill for a RWD Trim)

- I considered the RS Spyder wheels as option but wife rolled her eyes on them. Understandingly. I too prefer straight(ish) lines and I'm not fan of this latest 'all black wheel' trend.

Bottom line: didn't like any of the OEM options and was stuck with "what do I do now?"

I had basically only had 1 option:

- rim that would be family approved (30% by myself, 51% by wife and 9.5% by each other family member)

- had to have the exact dimensions as OEM (no playing around with different widths, ETs, etc)

- no no-name manufacturer

- had to have a certified load rating. This is a HEAVY car. 2 metric TONs means that anything under 700kg load rating per wheel is just unsafe. Just think on the weight that is applied on each wheel after a minor road bump.

- preferably German TüV certified for use on the Taycan (this proved to be harder to find)

After looking around for months (literally), I ended going for titan rims made by GMP Italia. They checked all the requirements above.

F: 21x9.5 ET46 (they have 60 but 46 will fill out the well nicer), load rating 800kg, diamond black with polished face. Accepts OEM Porsche center cap

R: 21x11.5 ET61 (stock is 66 so won't lose sleep over 5 mm and same reason as for the front wheels), load rating 900kg.

Porsche Taycan Mission E Wheels from Ebay? IMG20230206133703

Some will be purist and reject anything not OEM Porsche but personally, I'm the one who will be looking at them every day as I approach the car.

And no, doing the math, they're not cheaper as OEM (when you add TPMS and tires).

My 0.03 euro cents (adjusted for inflation)

PS: The wheelcap is 0.56 degrees offset from the air thing. Will be fixed before they're mounted on the car.
Sponsored

Last edited: