Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
OK, so I have posted scattered details in a handful of threads.

My car went in to address a warning that I was receiving upon startup ("Emergency SOS Failure - Service Needed"). Took the car to the shop, and they identified that they needed a new part, which I believe is called either the OTA module or the control module (it would take a few weeks). That only took a few hours to identify, so I took the car back. When the part arrived, I took the car back in (on January 19). They estimated that I would have the car back that evening. They told me the next day, however, that they were having trouble getting the module to communicate/provision. This would take additional time. Every couple of days I receive updates on what they have tried, and what they are doing to try to get the thing to provision. But it is not working.

It has now been over 30 days and counting. I love the car, but it's of little use to me sitting in a dealer's service garage. So, I solicit advice from this reliable group of owners. Do I:
  1. Inquire about the possibility of the dealership giving me my money back, so I can just order another Taycan to replace this one (And presumably take the risk that the new one will have similar issues)?
  2. Give them more time and ask for a loaner Taycan during the interim?
  3. Something else?
Thoughts appreciated. Thank you!
I took my car in one week ago with same issue. They unplugged then plugged in the control module and everything worked. Now one week later module failed again and I cannot connect my phones to car. If they don't fix it next time returning the car
Sponsored

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I took my car in one week ago with same issue. They unplugged then plugged in the control module and everything worked. Now one week later module failed again and I cannot connect my phones to car. If they don't fix it next time returning the car
I'm hoping it won't come to that. I really like the car.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One thing worth noting about lemons & buybacks, having had a couple.. it feels like garbage and can make you hate the brand, but try to keep perspective and realize that literally every auto maker out there is buying lemons back every day. The mass manufacturing process has a lot of holes for everyone and many of these parts that fail are really only made by a couple of companies that sell to everybody.

So maybe don't go from a lemon Taycan to another Taycan right away but don't hesitate to look at a different Porsche. In fact, you can often get more than a pure buyback if you're willing to buy a different car from the manufacturer. Jaguar offered me buyback PLUS $10k off any Jag (at a similar or greater pricepoint to my iPace) if I committed to a purchase during the process.
Sponsored