My first public charge (EA)

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
Did a 30 min charge today on a 350 kW charger.
How much battery capacity should I have expected in that time?
nhow many miles?
Sponsored

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Did a 30 min charge today on a 350 kW charger.
How much battery capacity should I have expected in that time?
nhow many miles?
Way too many variables there:

- Did you hop in the car at ambient/cold temp, drive 5 minutes down the road, and plug in? If so, even if navigating to a DC HPC, it'd never have warmed up to optimal in that time frame.

- What was your starting SOC%? You fail to mention that-- so if you plugged in at 50% SOC you'd already be further along the charging curve, and have less area under the car. If you arrived at 5-10% SOC then you'd actually add more power in the same period because more area under the curve.

- How many miles is a silly metric to measure, the same way I personally think Tesla saying "1000 miles per hour" charging speed is ridiculous. You aren't adding in miles, you are adding in energy (kWh) to your battery. Depending on your driving style (speed, ambient temps, tires, tire inflation, etc) it will vary.

All of this said -- assuming primo conditions at a low SOC (state of charge) then you'd potentially have been able to add in 80% or more charge in that period of time (10% to 90% seems feasible if you hit the 270kW top speed etc) but it is cold/winter and you're in CT/USA so I doubt all of those metrics were hit. I'd say if you were at a nice low SOC, preconditioned, and hit 270kW, I'd still in 30min only expect 10% to 75% approximations ("best guess")

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
PS: Here is a great video showing "ideal conditions" and a great chart appears about 20 minutes into the video that shows 85-90% SOC after 30 minutes is feasible but again if you started at a low enough SOC and all other conditions were optimal. Which is a bit uncommon -- especially in winter/colder climates:

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went from 50% or so to 85%
It was reasonably cool here today and I drove for about 20 min and then st and waited for a charger with the car ‘on’ for about 20 min

OP
OP
MAPC

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag