Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
My original order for a 4s was delayed by covid-19 shutdowns. On the day before it was set to go into production I asked the dealer if I could change the color (from red to white). He said he would try. Unfortunately the idiot actually cancelled my original order and tried to place a new one! Now I'm told they don't know when it might go into production and could even be 2021!!!! Their attitude is "tough luck". I was VERY clear that I did not want to cancel the order and I would take the red if it couldn't be changed. Now they are just hiding behind the fact that Germany is in control and there is nothing they can (will?) do. This would be my 5th Porsche and I've never been treated like this. Anyone know anyone who might be able to help? I'm ready to take a contract out on the salesman (LOL). So far Porsche of North America has been no help either.
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect it’s on your dealer to make this right, possibly by calling in a favor with PAG (if they have any).

If it’s completely foobar, however, it shouldn’t be especially delayed. 4S allocations don’t seem all that difficult to get, so it shouldn’t be delayed more than a couple months (yeah, sucks). I suspect some of the drama is they’ve just re-opened the factory, and there is a lot of chaos around dealing with the 2020 allocations. They are probably being quite honest in saying nobody knows when it’ll go into production because this is all still being ironed out. But nobody knowing isn’t the same as a year long delay, and your dealer should be able to get you bumped to the top of the next quarter’s list, worst case.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect it’s on your dealer to make this right, possibly by calling in a favor with PAG (if they have any).

If it’s completely foobar, however, it shouldn’t be especially delayed. 4S allocations don’t seem all that difficult to get, so it shouldn’t be delayed more than a couple months (yeah, sucks). I suspect some of the drama is they’ve just re-opened the factory, and there is a lot of chaos around dealing with the 2020 allocations. They are probably being quite honest in saying nobody knows when it’ll go into production because this is all still being ironed out. But nobody knowing isn’t the same as a year long delay, and your dealer should be able to get you bumped to the top of the next quarter’s list, worst case.
Thanks, I think you have more confidence in my dealer than I do. I am in AZ. You would you recommend in CA?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, I think you have more confidence in my dealer than I do. I am in AZ. You would you recommend in CA?
lol. Well your dealer owes you and can spin a sad story to PAG to get you some consideration.

I’m honestly not sure what the wait list is like for a new customer. I’ve heard conflicting things. Like 12+ months, but I also see new taycan on the lot now. There appear to be some looking for homes if you truly can‘t wait.

if you want to call around, Porsche Fresno and Sonnen Porsche (Marin) have good reputations. I haven’t done business with them yet. The Isringhausen guys in IL have been good to me. I believe all 3 have inventory, but allocations may be difficult to get.

I’m sure others will have more recommendations.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can order anywhere and have it delivered to the LA experience center, then have a nice drive back to AZ. I recommend Jeff Woody over at Boise. Main issue would be when anyone you call can get an allocation.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bummer, your dealer messed up and if they won't beg Porsche to fix it (or don't have that kind of pull) you're out of luck there.

With that said, there are a ton of open 4S allocations available. Call a few dealerships and you won't have any trouble snagging one. I'm guessing the timeline is a bit iffy on new orders, but they seem to be pumping out cars now so I wouldn't think it'll be that long.

If you're asking for a way to get a special rush order, the short & sweet answer is it won't happen. If you're willing to be flexible with your spec, there are a lot of 4S lot cars available now or in the next month.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depending on how odd your preferred configuration is, now might be the time to buy a demo.

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get your dealer on the hook to find a demo that closely matches your preferred build and work some magic. Perhaps they have access to "what's coming" to dealers across the country...

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Im amazed how many vehicles are available in the Porsche network over in the states already!

I know they are generally ex demo's and potentially demos that the dealership has decided to not bother with but there is a lot of choice on there.

None on the UK Porsche site yet

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Unfortunately that only has one. I guess I'm being too picky, but for that much money I want white or red with the premium pkg. I don't want turbo - too much power (and more expensive).
I called Porsche of N. America and they are looking into it, but the also had the attitude that it was all up to Germany. Score one for USA Tesla

punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
My original order for a 4s was delayed by covid-19 shutdowns. On the day before it was set to go into production I asked the dealer if I could change the color (from red to white). He said he would try. Unfortunately the idiot actually cancelled my original order and tried to place a new one! Now I'm told they don't know when it might go into production and could even be 2021!!!! Their attitude is "tough luck". I was VERY clear that I did not want to cancel the order and I would take the red if it couldn't be changed. Now they are just hiding behind the fact that Germany is in control and there is nothing they can (will?) do. This would be my 5th Porsche and I've never been treated like this. Anyone know anyone who might be able to help? I'm ready to take a contract out on the salesman (LOL). So far Porsche of North America has been no help either.
Not to be too precise about your dealer, but is your guy north or south of PHX? I’ve bought Porsches in CA, TX and AZ. Great experiences in CA, specifically Fremont and Woodland Hills. My Turbo is suppose to be on a boat now, will take delivery in July, a real moving target! Good luck!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I called Porsche of N. America and they are looking into it, but the also had the attitude that it was all up to Germany. Score one for USA Tesla
Err.. to be clear, your dealership screwed up. It has nothing to do with Porsche. You can't change the color of your car the day before production and any changes at all after the build lock date are done at the risk of significant delays.

I'm not sure what you expect Porsche to do, especially coming off a complete factory shutdown, but it's not realistic. There are 56 White or Red Taycan 4S cars listed on AutoTrader with a wide array of options, most with Premium Package.

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not to be too precise about your dealer, but is your guy north or south of PHX? I’ve bought Porsches in CA, TX and AZ. Great experiences in CA, specifically Fremont and Woodland Hills. My Turbo is suppose to be on a boat now, will take delivery in July, a real moving target! Good luck!
North Scottsdale. I have had great experiences in CA (Walnut Creek) and Kansas City. My last salesman here was the best and my service advisor is also top notch. It was this last salesman (or possibly his sales manager) that completely messed up.
Sponsored