My Porsche app for charging at EA stations

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Hey thanks for that response, so do I need to take it back for the dealer to fix or is it in the PCM I can do?
remind me which taycan you own and if it has a 19.2 kw charger installed in the car

you should be using the charge NA app to access the EA chargers.

I do not use the porsche app for this.

your my porsche account needs to be up to date with a valid credit card.

get everything in your app and use the NA app next time and see how things work before going to porsche.
Sponsored

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
when I and many others were finding it impossible to get a charge at EA units we went through the same exercise of finger pointing.
it turns out that there was a conflict caused by the 19.2 onboard charger that was causing the issue. Porsche for months refused to acknowledge that there was an issue and one user here was finally able to get some porsche techs to witness and document the problem. once the problem was identified it was a quick fix. the point that I am trying to make is that it appears that Porsche will always try to not accept blame for the issues that crop up with their software.
I have a MY22 cross turismo and have tried 6 different times at 3 different EA chargers to get PnC to work and have never succeeded EA has been helpful and the last time let me charge for free. My car has the 19.2 charger. Is that still a problem or has that been corrected?

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
remind me which taycan you own and if it has a 19.2 kw charger installed in the car

you should be using the charge NA app to access the EA chargers.

I do not use the porsche app for this.

your my porsche account needs to be up to date with a valid credit card.

get everything in your app and use the NA app next time and see how things work before going to porsche.
I do have the 19.2 set up in my RWD. Not sure what the NA app is, I only have the My Porsche app and I did set up an account with my CC etc.
When I was at the EA station having issues I called the service number and the woman told me to only use the My Porsche app for charging. It did make the charging connection and stated charging but only for a few mins at a time then it would say unplug at the station and my car screen battery would go from green to gray.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I have a MY22 cross turismo and have tried 6 different times at 3 different EA chargers to get PnC to work and have never succeeded EA has been helpful and the last time let me charge for free. My car has the 19.2 charger. Is that still a problem or has that been corrected?
the issue with the 19.2 onboard charger should have been resolved in your car. it required a software patch for earlier models.
you need to have the charge NA app loaded and info properly configured.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the issue with the 19.2 onboard charger should have been resolved in your car. it required a software patch for earlier models.
you need to have the charge NA app loaded and info properly configured.
Do I need the Charge NA app for PnC to work? I thought the idea of PnC was that you didn’t need to use an app.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do I need the Charge NA app for PnC to work? I thought the idea of PnC was that you didn’t need to use an app.
I had the charging NA app installed and set up when I first arrived at the EA station. I could not get the charge to work and that’s when I called EA and the woman told me not to use this app only use the My Connect app. Wow now I am really confused.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey OP! The same exact thing happened to me a few months back. Open the Charging App. Hamburger Menu to Settings and check the first setting as in picture
Porsche Taycan My Porsche app for charging at EA stations 2324DA2F-22AF-44D2-B927-90D4AB8B1481

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For some reason one day my Taycan had the time limit at 5 mins and not even EA knew why it stopped. Hope this helps!

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Unless you are in an area where Pnc doesn’t work you don’t need to use any App. For some reason my first week of ownership nothing worked and I could not charge at public chargers. However since the first week I’ve never had any issues with just plugging in and charging. It makes it so easy.

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey OP! The same exact thing happened to me a few months back. Open the Charging App. Hamburger Menu to Settings and check the first setting as in picture
2324DA2F-22AF-44D2-B927-90D4AB8B1481.png
Thanks, what app are you speaking of? The My Porsche?

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone, update on my EA issue. I went back to charge my car today and again it would not work. I called EA and they did confirm that you do not need to use ANY app. Once you set up your account in the My Porsche app you can just plug and play. (the good news)

The bad news, no matter what we did it would not connect to charge. The EA person sent a code to the EA charger for a free session and it worked perfect. What the heck! They have no idea what is wrong. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. The Charging App

This

B8A59711-C15A-40D7-A33D-7B44FD0348C7.jpeg
Thank you, the EA help desk said you no longer need to use this app as they rolled it into the My Porsche app. Once you set up the EA account in this app then no app is needed, just plug and charge.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh ok. In my case, my charge stopped because of a setting there and EA had no explanation

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi everyone, update on my EA issue. I went back to charge my car today and again it would not work. I called EA and they did confirm that you do not need to use ANY app. Once you set up your account in the My Porsche app you can just plug and play. (the good news)

The bad news, no matter what we did it would not connect to charge. The EA person sent a code to the EA charger for a free session and it worked perfect. What the heck! They have no idea what is wrong. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
That is exactly the problem I have repeatedly had. I wonder if it is related to the alleged software patch for the 19.2 on board charger problem or if there is some other software glitch. I have had a Porsche sales rep with me on 2 occasions and he couldn’t make PnC work either. EA also eventually gave me a free charge after 30 minutes of frustration. I have connected using the NA app but never direct PnC
Sponsored