My Taycan is gone over a month at the dealer service center.

TacticalExpedition

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y
Country flag
Hey guys. I need your advise. There was a A/C fan noise coming from the middle of Taycan (video). The noise disappears when I turn off the A/C. I took it to the dealer on 08/23/22. Service tech thought it was a servo motor and replaced 4 but that didn’t solve the problem. Service tech notified Main Service tech in Atlanta. They think it’s A/C expansion valve making noise. It’s been there since 08/23/22. Today is 09/30/22. It’s been over a month. Also, with my APP, I can see where is my Taycan. It hasn’t moved about a week (not getting fixed and sitting the parking lot).

The service advisor told me that they have another Taycan with this problem so they made into a campaign with PCNA. I’m just waiting without any possible return date. What do I do? What a bad experience with Porsche. 😔
Should I do a lemon and sell it back to Porsche? (I really like Taycan and don’t want to wait another 5-9 months for a new one).

qubilist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 MDX
Country flag
Can you lemon a car after one attempt? Never done one before.
This makes me nervous cause I have a RWD from another state waiting to come in (hopefully) at the end of Oct.
In the mean time I have been looking at Porsche's website and look at the used Taycan's. I notice that there are a lot of Taycan's less than 2 years old and would already have 3 owner's which makes me wonder why.

OP
OP
TacticalExpedition

TacticalExpedition

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y
Country flag
Can you lemon a car after one attempt? Never done one before.
This makes me nervous cause I have a RWD from another state waiting to come in (hopefully) at the end of Oct.
In the mean time I have been looking at Porsche's website and look at the used Taycan's. I notice that there are a lot of Taycan's less than 2 years old and would already have 3 owner's which makes me wonder why.
yes. If the car has been in the service center over 30days.
or if you go to dealer for same problem more than 3 times.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I started hearing the same growling sound behind the dash soon after taking delivery in June 2022 (my RWD was built in April 2022). The sound didn't stop when I turned off the seat ventilation, but it did stop when I turned off the A/C. The dealership looked at it and said it's an expansion valve failure. They ordered a new part (# 9A7-816-682-00) on September 27, 2022. So, I'm driving a noisy Taycan (not sure why yours is stuck in the shop, OP). When the part comes in, I'll drive back to the dealer and get a loaner. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW my '21 was down for 9 weeks for a drive unit replacement. Don't be so quick to throw out the Lemon thing. Lemon law will not apply to 1 service visit providing it's repaired correctly. I didn't care about my down nearly as much as someone else would since I was given a loaner Taycan. That doesn't mean I wasn't upset, it just gives me more ammunition if there are major powertrain issues in the future.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Sorry to hear you've been without your car for over a month. I noticed you are in LA though, which dealer is this?

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I started hearing the same growling sound behind the dash soon after taking delivery in June 2022 (my RWD was built in April 2022). The sound didn't stop when I turned off the seat ventilation, but it did stop when I turned off the A/C. The dealership looked at it and said it's an expansion valve failure. They ordered a new part (# 9A7-816-682-00) on September 27, 2022. So, I'm driving a noisy Taycan (not sure why yours is stuck in the shop, OP). When the part comes in, I'll drive back to the dealer and get a loaner. I hope this helps.
It's fixed! It took a lot of effort to repair. My 2022 RWD was in the shop for two weeks to replace the expansion valve, and I got a Cayenne for a loaner. The effort is summarized below:
Porsche Taycan My Taycan is gone over a month at the dealer service center. 1672193313912
Sponsored