First Name
Bpans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RX450H F Sport, Cayman-S, R8
Country flag
Hello,

Currently have Lexus SUV for daily and long trips. The other 2 cars are low ride weekend only sports cars. Planning to move my daily to electric. Porsche Taycan 4 CT is one of the choices I have (other ones are Model X and Etron).

For me, the most important thing for me is the ability to take the car anywhere I want. I live in a place where I may have to drive through rough roads (some pot holes), parking lot entries which are steep or having deep dips, tight parking spaces, curb parking etc.

1) What options should I pick to make sure I can cruise through these without any issues?
2) Does smart lift work perfectly? is this a standard feature or option that I need to add?
3) What wheel size is good? (19, 20, 21)? What rims are better to not get curb rashes easily?
4) What option gives rear cross traffic alerts?

Thanks.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,

Currently have Lexus SUV for daily and long trips. The other 2 cars are low ride weekend only sports cars. Planning to move my daily to electric. Porsche Taycan 4 CT is one of the choices I have (other ones are Model X and Etron).

For me, the most important thing for me is the ability to take the car anywhere I want. I live in a place where I may have to drive through rough roads (some pot holes), parking lot entries which are steep or having deep dips, tight parking spaces, curb parking etc.

1) What options should I pick to make sure I can cruise through these without any issues?
2) Does smart lift work perfectly? is this a standard feature or option that I need to add?
3) What wheel size is good? (19, 20, 21)? What rims are better to not get curb rashes easily?

Thanks.
1. CT is more a soft roader rather than an off roader so whilst ground clearance is better than each of the saloon and Sport Turismo you still have to be careful.

2. Smartlift works very well and reliably. You need to approach lift areas slowly to give the system time to figure out where it is (GPS dependent).

3. 19" wheels give more comfort and more tyre wall and therefore more kerb protection. 20" wheels look better however and 21" better still but less rubber and therefore less comfort and protection. That said you may not notice the difference. Ideal to try them out to get an idea.

For kerb protection I would recommend 360 panoramic cameras. The cameras in the door mirrors have a side / kerb view function clearly showing where the kerb is. The is also a remote parking
/ parking assistant feature which will do all of this for you either remotely or whilst in the car. This system also gives you lane change assist (LCA) and all the cross traffic Alerts ( and more). LCA is available on its own.

OP
OP

bpans

First Name
Bpans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RX450H F Sport, Cayman-S, R8
Country flag
Thanks @W1NGE

I plan to go with 20 inch as I don't like the 19 inch wheels. I am debating between turbo wheels or the Offroad wheels. Any feedback on which one is better to handle curb rashes would be appreciated.

I plan to take the technology package which I believe has everything I need.

I hope the smart lift is a standard feature as I can't find it anywhere as an option.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks @W1NGE

I plan to go with 20 inch as I don't like the 19 inch wheels. I am debating between turbo wheels or the Offroad wheels. Any feedback on which one is better to handle curb rashes would be appreciated.

I plan to take the technology package which I believe has everything I need.

I hope the smart lift is a standard feature as I can't find it anywhere as an option.
Smartlift is standard with all cars that have air suspension (yours will have).

Both wheels will suffer the same fate - take out insurance and sleep easy - as they both have the same amount of rubber. You can't curb a wheel a little - once its curbed its curbed and so the repair is generally the same cost.

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
Hello,

Thanks.
Smart lift works very well for me. I live at the end of a rough farm track. Auto lift works every time I approach .
I went for the off road design wheels, they look great and give a good ride on and off road.
In my opinion the 360deg parking camera is a must for such a large (by european standards) car, so very glad I optioned it.
Sponsored