Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
My 2022 Ct 4 needs new shoes. I have a new set of winter tires—needed here in Maine. I have 20” Pirellis that need to be replaced after 0nly about 9K miles. Alignment issues or just crappy wear and tear.?? I am as my name suggests not an aggressive driver. Would I be better off with summer or all seasons? Aside from safety my main considerations are range and noise. Brand suggestions? I’ve read good comments on Hankook ions as well as Michelins. Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks
Sponsored

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I love the Michelins on my Audi (PS4S summer) and now my Taycan (PS4 summer) and have thus far had very good grip and wear with minimal noise. Yes they will be louder but not enough to bother me.

On the Audi I was over 23,000 miles and approaching replacement time, and the Porsche just went into the yellow with 16,000 miles, so I am very satisfied with the tread durability.

OP
OP

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love the Michelins on my Audi (PS4S summer) and now my Taycan (PS4 summer) and have thus far had very good grip and wear with minimal noise. Yes they will be louder but not enough to bother me.

On the Audi I was over 23,000 miles and approaching replacement time, and the Porsche just went into the yellow with 16,000 miles, so I am very satisfied with the tread durability.
Thanks for the reply. Why do you prefer summers vs all seasons?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Both my cars came with the summers and I'm in Florida so don't get low temps very often, but Michelin has high performance all seasons that are also highly rated. I just don't have personal experience with those tires.

OP
OP

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks. any idea which type has less noise and better range or is it a toss-up?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks. any idea which type has less noise and better range or is it a toss-up?
Sorry, I really can't say. My experiences were different tire sizes on different cars. Also, I drive my Taycan more as a fun electric and not at all for range 🏎
Sponsored