PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
, I can confirm that if you select the active parking assistant in the MY21 configurator it will deselect the lane change assist! However, the detailed description of the active parking assistant does NOT cover the functionality of the lane change assist!
My interpretation is that they don‘t have one single set of sensors (e.g. ultrasonic for parking vs long-range radar for lane change) that can cover both functionalities/scenarios. A bit sad to be honest. I would have liked to have both. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and it will still have the lane change assist?!
That can't be true, can it?

To be clear, under no circumstance should you give up LCA for a parking assist. LCA is an actual safety feature that is very valuable and should be standard.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
That can't be true, can it?

To be clear, under no circumstance should you give up LCA for a parking assist. LCA is an actual safety feature that is very valuable and should be standard.
I am indeed still a bit torn between the two. Some features of the active parking assist I would also consider safety relevant, e.g. if you back out of a parking space and there is cross traffic that you cannot see. Especially with the bad visibility out the back of the Taycan. I had that very System in my Audi e-tron. And it saved me a couple of times getting hit by cross traffic.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am indeed still a bit torn between the two. Some features of the active parking assist I would also consider safety relevant, e.g. if you back out of a parking space and there is cross traffic that you cannot see. Especially with the bad visibility out the back of the Taycan. I had that very System in my Audi e-tron. And it saved me a couple of times getting hit by cross traffic.
I believe LCA includes the cross traffic rear sensor FWIW. At least it does on the 992.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe LCA includes the cross traffic rear sensor FWIW. At least it does on the 992.
From the description in the German configurator LCA in Taycan only includes a radar sensor that detects an incoming vehicle before it rears into you and starts the warning lights to alert this vehicle.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
, I can confirm that if you select the active parking assistant in the MY21 configurator it will deselect the lane change assist! However, the detailed description of the active parking assistant does NOT cover the functionality of the lane change assist!
My interpretation is that they don‘t have one single set of sensors (e.g. ultrasonic for parking vs long-range radar for lane change) that can cover both functionalities/scenarios. A bit sad to be honest. I would have liked to have both. But maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and it will still have the lane change assist?!
Do you mean. Park assist + lane assist is possible but not the lane change assist? I didn't know that there is coming a lane CHANGE assist. I mean lane assist alone without changing automatically would be ok.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you mean. Park assist + lane assist is possible but not the lane change assist? I didn't know that there is coming a lane CHANGE assist. I mean lane assist alone without changing automatically would be ok.
It is as following to my understanding:
Park Assist with surround view + LCA (Spurwechselassistent) is possible with MY21 as it was already available with MY20.
Alternatively, for MY21 you can now have the new ACTIVE park assist (including surround view) but WITHOUT the LCA.
as explained before, my interpretation is that the former only has long-range radar, the latter only short- or mid-range radar.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
It is as following to my understanding:
Park Assist with surround view + LCA (Spurwechselassistent) is possible with MY21 as it was already available with MY20.
Alternatively, for MY21 you can now have the new ACTIVE park assist (including surround view) but WITHOUT the LCA.
as explained before, my interpretation is that the former only has long-range radar, the latter only short- or mid-range radar.
I understand, but that would be a bit strange... maybe in some countries it is different. Let's keep an eye on it. Until now i didn't find it in the configurator in germany or austria. I will write here, when you can choose these new options.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Description from the porsche HK configurator for the active parking support from the cayenne turbo coupé model (MY2021)
Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan active parking support (Porsche HK, cayenne turbo coupé)

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Description from the porsche HK configurator for the active parking support from the cayenne turbo coupé model (MY2021)
active parking support (Porsche HK, cayenne turbo coupé).jpg
£1500 + £1200 for surround view - £2700 for a gimmick that may not even work properly until Porsche sort out their connection issues. No thank you :)

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
£1500 + £1200 for surround view - £2700 for a gimmick that may not even work properly until Porsche sort out their connection issues. No thank you :)
Don't forget it is Honkong Dollar. So here in austria these prices would be much cheaper.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Don't forget it is Honkong Dollar. So here in austria these prices would be much cheaper.
I just converted it to GBP to get these prices. It wont be far off my conversion if you look at the prices of the other options and convert them in to GBP.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just converted it to GBP to get these prices. It wont be far off my conversion if you look at the prices of the other options and convert them in to GBP.
Am I reading this wrong or Active Parking Support already includes the Surround View, so it's included in the price and there's no need to add it separately?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Am I reading this wrong or Active Parking Support already includes the Surround View, so it's included in the price and there's no need to add it separately?
I don't think so - you need the surround cameras to have this option

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I don't think so - you need the surround cameras to have this option
Ok, I get it. Then indeed, seems quite overpriced considering that for sure it'll be a buggy Porsche software at the beginning + this option is (in a vast scope of it) available in many, many cars of lower segments since years...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Ok, I get it. Then indeed, seems quite overpriced considering that for sure it'll be a buggy Porsche software at the beginning + this option is (in a vast scope of it) available in many, many cars of lower segments since years...
Yes, it was standard on my wife's C Class Mercedes!
Sponsored